Citalaphram to sertraline

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I was taking citalaphram for over five years and in oct last year i started getting slowly depressed, doc increased my dose to 40mg but it just seemed to stop working. Switched to sertraline 5 weeks ago 50mg for a week then 100mg for the past four weeks. Im at breaking point, tearful, really shaky, nervous and so low. Do i stop taking it?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma if I was you I would hold on a little longer

you have been withdrawing from one medication so your new one may take longer to feel the effects I know how desperate it is feel the way you do hun and if your still unsure speak to your doctor 🌹 x

• Posted

Thank you, i just need reassuring. I started tk feel better last week and then the past few days ive been so bad x
    • Posted

Keep with it going from one medication to another does take time when I have done it myself you wonder if it's ever going to work but gradually you should start to feel better sending big hugs 🌼 x
  • Posted

Whatever you do don't stop taking your medication suddenly as this can cause ill effects. Talk to your doctor first before doing anything. Listen to the advice from Louise and hang on on there. It will get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.