Citalapram 26 days

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I've been back on citalapram 26 days and my anxiety is sky high I'm also on 10mg propananol 3 X day and 20 mg amitrypyline at night.When I was on cit b4 my anxiety was getting better by now but just seems to be no improvement although I've been off work sick 9 weeks and was hoping to try and go back this week for 2 days before I go on hol but getting really anxious about going back to work after such a time off anyone else been in this situation appreciate any advice please

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Citalapram isn't going to CURE anxiety, it's a means of coping. You need to find out what's making you anxious and deal with it. See a therapist.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm down for cbt again and think it's a combination of my age and work that's caused the anxiety last time it was health anxiety this time it's not I know that for sure.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

A lot of people think they have health anxiety, but I think something like 5-10% of those cases are actually health anxiety, if you're panicking over your panic or anxiety symptoms then it's a generalised anxiety or panic disorder. Luckily a lot easier to get over. Health anxiety symptoms are usually very similar to OCD behaviour, you do thinks to prevent having certain ailments.

That being said, it makes sense that if it's an anxiety disorder that it's returned. As anxiety symptoms are not nice. Stick to the CBT. Relax yourself as much as possible. I know the charity MIND do a course in mindfulness relaxation or coping with anxiety. Try that out,

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ok thanx I'll have a look but I do think it's work only because people have bought it to my attention my boss says I do not speak the queens proper English and a few weeks before I went sick he made me cry and wanted to hand my notice in then.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I thought it was from your extremly low levels of b12?
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up