Citalapram and my job

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all hope your doing well

I'm just in a bit of a pickle at the moment before I got anxiety and deppression I loved my job but seem to dislike it at the moment don't really want to leave it but it's really getting to me. Could this be because of my illness ???

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey Don, I think almost definitely it is your anxiety or depression. I have always enjoyed mine, but have spent the most part of a year dreading almost every day. A great lack of enthusiasm for much has plagued me throughout and I am hoping that with time things will feel more manageable. I wouldn't consider any big change right now if you can avoid it. I personally havent had the energy or inclination. Hope when the meds work it will all look a bit brighter. Good luck.Lee
    • Posted

Thanks for reply

How long have u been on cit and what dose ?

• Posted

Don I started on 5 mg in June 2015 because I was terrifies. Went upto 10mg for 5 months until December. I was supposed to incease fro 10 -20 mg from the start, but I thought I was happy enough on 10mg. When I had my review with the dr at the end of last year he thought I would do a lot better on 20 mg. I have been on 20 mg for 10 weeks. This is the second time I have taken Cit, as I was on it for a year about 5 years ago and I felt much better. This time it seems to be taking longer, and although I the bad side effects have settled I still have not reached the place I am hoping to get to. I still have days when I could happily not go to work and lie around instead, but I push on like everyone else and look forward to feeling well again. Lee.
    • Posted

Thanks I'm better than when I started them it's my 9th week on 20mg going to give it till week 12 then if things don't get Better go up to 30mg doc told me to go up last week but from what I've read it can take up to 12 weeks to kick in fingers crossed 😄
    • Posted

Starting week 11 soon, and am going to stop counting weeks and if I can. My anxiety is slightly better, but still flairs up,  but i am not planning on going up in dose any time soon. Sticking with the 20mg even if it takes longer.. Cheers, Lee.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.