Citalapram day 20

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on citalapram 20 days now 1st week on 10mg last 13 days on 20 mg and last week had a few good days but last week has been horrendous feel like I'm back to square one anyone else had this problem shouldn't I be getting better at this stage and two weeks after an increase in dosage.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I started off on 30mg but I found I needed to up the dosage before I felt better so I am on 40mg now and feeling pretty good So hang in there I am sure when your dosage is right you will find life a lot easier.

• Posted

Hey Jennyann, how long did it take you to feel good? Am still getting headaches and in insomnia, increased to 40mg 4 weeks ago.
  • Posted

It takes around 3-4 months for most people to feel any benefit, and along the way you will be up and down - so your experience is quite normal.

Even when you begin to feel the benefit from the meds you may continue to be up and down for a few months more making you feel as if you're back at the beginning again - again this is normal.  Eventually it'll all even out eventually.

Dont rush to increase your dose, just let the one you're on settle and do it magic.  Increasing a dose will give you more side effects and you'll still be up and down with your mood.

Everyone needs a different dose, but let the one you're on settle first as you can't tell if it's for you before you give it chance.

The road to recovery is a very long one, and it's often very tough too.  These meds aren't an overnight fix.  Mark progress in months, not weeks too.

Keep on going - you'll get there.

K x

• Posted

Im nearly 4 weeks in

No difference yet that i can tell. Im on sickness benefit cos of the depression etc, jobless and struggle to see much of a future for myself

If it takes months im not sure what position i'll eb in by then

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.