I was put on 40mg citalapran by my GP after I had surgery

And was feeling down . But I have found the code is to high

And I feel worse . I have been on this dose for five days how

Long will it take to get back down to 30mg which is what I

Was on.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi their I've just gone from 10mg to 20 mg a week ago and I feel so anxious and worse and it doesn't help that I have flu.Hang in there I'm sure they will work soon. Take care x

• Posted

Hang in there , I went from 30mg to 40mg and it does get a little worse before you even out and feel the benefits . Honestly 5:days is hardly any time but I'm sure you will start feeling better within 2 wks .

Give them a chance even though it seems pointless as you are feeling worse , you will start feeling better soon I promise .

Take Care and post on here as there is always lots of support from those who have been where you are now 😊

• Posted

I went from from 30 to 40. I didn't feel right but I was told to give it about four weeks to kick in. And sure enough I began to feel better. So stick with it and you will feel better in time.

• Posted

Hi there, do you mind if I ask if you get fatigue on 40 mg dosage . I've been struggling with feeling shattered every day on the 40mg dosage , I always found the Citalopram slowed me down a bit but I noticed a big difference when upping from 20mg to 30mg now 40mg . Anyone else experiencing the same I wonder ? They are great apart from the tiredness and I've also managed to control the weight gain on a strict calorie controlled diet as I gained nearly 3 stone since starting this medication .

Cheers to anyone who can help 😊

• Posted

Hey, stick with it as it's always like that on increasing dosage , now I'm used to mine I just want to sleep most of the time , we can't win can we ? 😁 Honestly you will start to feel better soon .

Take Care and keep us updated .

• Posted

Hi Louise. I haven't felt especially tired on 40mg but I have been on the dose for nearly three years.

• Posted

Why did he put you on 40 mg?

That's a very hi starting dosage and am presuming you have been on 30 mg for some while before??

Depends on how experienced you are at this but it does make you feel a lot worse before better. That's how it works

If your so keen to get down to 30 and only been on it 5 days I would be tempted to wean myself quick down to 30

But watever you do you will feel worse for maybe 6/8 /12weeks until it kicks in

That's the nature of the beast. It's no quick fix am afraid

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.