Citalopam 40mg

Posted , 2 users are following.

Iv upped from 30 mgs to 40 mgs 3 weeks ago but I still feel pretty s**t and worried because it been affecting my sleep only last night I had a good sleep but I'm so worried I might have depression bipoler because last week when I went on holiday I felt great soon as I came home an had a negative thought I fell into a horrible depressive cycle again does that mean I have that depressive bipoler dessorder or is my medication tryna balance it's self out?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Lauren - what you are describing is perfectly normal. Coming back from holiday is a comedown and you will have a reaction to it. Being away from your usual routine and being able to relax is like a drug, so when you come back to "reality", it hits you, and often quite hard. Bit of acceptance and self-compassion is needed here. Try to reflect on what was good about your break. You will be very vulnerable at this time.

If you had bipolar, you would more likely be making decisions that you wouldn't normally do, compulsively spending money or making plans that you normally wouldn't consider. It is a different condition to the rollercoaster of depression. You have a very valid reason to be feeling the way you do, but it will pass. I am sure if you ask other people (with or without mental health issues) they will also tell you that they feel a little "down" after returning from a holiday.

• Posted

Hey thanks for the reply I have gotten over that now but it's been a month since they upped my dosage an iv seen some what of approvements but still feel like st e.g depressed over thinking and rumination anxiety etc I have been able to control some what anxiety but how I have been feeling is dame well st... I'm loosing hope.. I went to the doctors for a review an they told me give it another 3 weeks because it takes up to 6 weeks for thdm to kick in but when i see some improvements it doesn't last that long i feel like I'm going out of my mind because I just wanna get better but I'm starting to loose patients....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.