citalopram?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I recently went to the doctors about my anxiety and they gave me some beta blockers but they didn't help at all and I was about to start a new job today but all weekend I had anxiety about it and I I couldn't deal with it , the thought of having to meet a group of new people killed me so I didn't go but I iwent to the doctors and he gave me new tablets called citalopram im nervous to take them? My new boss said to go in tomorrow but i don't know if I can...

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

l have been taking citalprom for a year, they work so well for me l use to have anxiety and depression, but they take. about 2 to 3 weeks to start working at full capacity, wish u good luck.
  • Posted

Oh and also im now on 30mg of cit, I slowly worked my way up over the last two weeks for 10mg to 30mg, so start at and and maybe work you way up to 20mg, your body gets used to the cit so the moving slowly helps keep the side effects less full on, at least thats how it worked for me.

:-)

• Posted

Its up to you Heather I would say go in if you feel up for it, Its always scary meeting new people but once you get chatting am sure you will be fine. I was going to say Citalopram really made a massive difference they really helped me control my anxiety better you just got to give them at least 3 or 4 weeks. I hope your feeling better soon and would definetly give them a try. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.