Citalopram 10mg 9 weeks

Posted , 13 users are following.

hi, question, ive been with this drug for almost 9 weeks (10mg) depression has lessen but still i have morning anxiety and difficult to get up from bed...... Do i need to increase the dose or stick with it for several weeks....? 

Hoping for your reply 

thank you

1 like, 299 replies

299 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Thank so much everyone for your great support, today was ok for me alittle anxious before getting up but totally different from the past week...so  iguess i just maintain my 10mg dose...  Im just happy that im slowly getting to my old self again.... And happy that im at. A low dose.....
  • Posted

Does anyone plan to stay in citalopram for longer period of time.... Cause it really scare me going back to that dark moment again....
    • Posted

You can stay in Citalopram for life if needed.  I've taken this med for over 15 years with one break, and now maintain my wellness on only 5mg.
    • Posted

Wow thats good to hear, is it good all the time (15 yrs)? How many mg ?

thank you so much for your reply

• Posted

Yes I've been well all that time - on top of the world :-)  I started on 20mg and stayed on that for many years, then reduced it to 10mg and stayed on that for years too.  Am now on 5mg and still feeling good.
  • Posted

Wow thats great..... Now im feeling happy to hear that.....im going to tell my gp that i want to stay on 10mg for long .... Ive weaned off from sertraline and citalopram but after several months 6-9 mons, anxiety always come back...... Mine is milder that some of us here, i dont feel panic, palpitation, just anticipatory anxiety.... Maybe thats why 10 mg is working ferpectly fine for me..... 

Thanks kate....

• Posted

I also posted on another of your posts re taking 5-HTP if you ever decide to come off meds again.  Like you, I need something as I just get this dull, long, flat continuous feeling.  

My GP told me once that some people need meds for epilepsy, heart problems, blood pressure, diabetes ..... and depression etc is no different.  It's an illness like any other, and some people need our type of meds too, just as other people need to take lifelong meds.

K xx

• Posted

I was told John by my GP the longer the dosage the less chnace of remission so if that gives you even more comfort go for it! there is no shame being medicated forget the unqualifried critics out there!
    • Posted

I'm only on day 16 but if it works and I'm still on it in a few years then that's fine, anything is better than how I've been feeling these past 6 months or so.

To be 47 and not on regular medication for any illnesses then I think I'm doing ok lol

• Posted

Just been docs and been bumped up too 20mg was told 10mg was baby dose just too see if body coped with the side effects so here's hoping that it works x
    • Posted

Hi john that's good news.......my dr told me to go up to 20mil 2 weeks ago and feel a lot better but also have mild anxiety of mornings

It may increase a little when first going up

Or it may not (but it did for me) I just told my self it's the tablets and it will go so if that happens (just ride with it)

I've been on cipramil for 10 weeks now smile

• Posted

Hi kathy, good to hear your doing fine, i only have mild anxiety in the morning unlike 5 days ago,,,,and im still on 10mg , i will just stick with this dose for the meantime... I can sleep better now, before i will wake up at 2am and cant go back to sleep now i can sleep 6-8hrs or more , one more thing ive been drinking a lot of turmeric (yellow ginger) i dont know if its helping but i has a lot of benefits ....

Thank you so much for all the support, keep you updated,,,,,

• Posted

Oh that's good smile

Just stick with what you feel is best for you're self

I've never heard of yellow ginger before

What is it ?

• Posted

You can search turmeric in google, there are a lot ot studies about that powerful herb.... How are you today kathy.... Feeling better everyday...im looking forward for few more weeks for the meds to fully kick in....
    • Posted

Hey john

I'm going good smile thanks for asking.

Don't worry they will be working very soon

• Posted

Hi Kathy

Yeh woke up this morning with a bit more apprehension but guess it's just down too knowing iv upped my meds and anticipating more side effects he's hoping for a good day x

• Posted

Thats good to hear, me too, morning anxiety is lesser everyday and so productive each day....
    • Posted

Your going to be ok John, hope the side effect is milder or lessen , im xcted for you to be ok soon keep us updated
    • Posted

That's good news smile

I had a few bad days in a row then a few good days in a row and that can be totally normal as well but you will be ok anxiety is the last to go and it likes to drag on just to annoy us

• Posted

Hi john sorry for late reply

I had increased anxiety and head was racing

I woke feeling un eased but once I was up I was ok this came and went with in the 10 weeks of me being on the tablets

• Posted

Hi kate were the same week on cit, both on 10th week , i hare morning anxiety difficult to wake up but once i get up im ok,,, hopefully the mornin anxiety will be gone soon
    • Posted

Hi kate how are you? I still have morning anxiety but hopefully it will settle soon, i hate getting up in the morning....
    • Posted

Hi john

I don't have much of it any more I would say just a tad but it will go smile

I hated them mornings when I had to get up but I pushed through and was fine also once I was up

• Posted

Hey John, I'm alright man, definately better everyday I'm on 20 mg have been taking since May this year. How are you doin all ok I hope smile
    • Posted

Hi stevo, good to hear that your doing ok.... Me too , seeing little progress dat by day.... Xcted to see my self very normal (very) lol,,,,, morning anixety is very minimal....can sleep 6 to 8 hours....

Im always thinking if i will be on cit forever , it makes me sad to think that but happy at the same time cause if one pill can make you normal so whats the problem,,,,,

• Posted

Update week 11

Yesterday nov 1 , some low moments but today is different, i guess still adjusting to medication hopefully this week it will stabilize and become more and more better.....

• Posted

You're well on your way to feeling good ..... little by little, baby steps, it'll creep up on you.

biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.