citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive just taken my first pill at 10mg

the self harm side effects warning is freaky , but i will brave it out,see how it goes , any thoughts on this fearful first time would be welcomed, :?: im also taking 2mg diazepam

would this be a clash of chemical intake :?:

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi - I was worried about the list of side effects, however my cpn said that as I was having these feelings without the drug, they probably wouldn't make it any worse. When you look at the list of side effects, that basically sums up all the feelings depressed people have before taking the drug....Go with it, it can't be any worse than you feel before you take it...! Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi,

Feels like I am readin my own story as I have been on them for 2 weeks now and it has been like a Rollercoaster. I nearly stopped after 4 days as the anxiety attackes and sleepness nights were awful but I knew things were going to have to get worse befoer they got better.

I've spoken to a lot of people and they have told me the effects were they before I started on Citalopram so its a bit of a Placebo effect.....

Try to ignore the list of side effects as I became obssessed with them which is no good for you. Things will start to get better so hang in there.

• Posted

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me , day two and i havent had any major side effects hit me yet , i will try to ignore the paranoid thoughts about these side effects and soldier on , i will try to post every day

about the positive /negative effects if any ,on these tablets,

as im the most sceptical person i know about trusting what doctors think they know about stuff, maybe the medication will aleviate these cynical thoughts heres hoping smile

• Posted

stay with it - i've taken 20mgs daily for 5 weeks. I take it on waking usually around 5am and rest for an hour or so when I'm feeling a little queasy - but ususally feel fine by the time I go out to work around 8am. First few weeks a little difficult but it has paid off so I wish you good luck. I'm feeling much better and wish same for you.
  • Posted

day three none of the side effects are poping their ugly heads up as of yet

i seem to be able to go and do more outside things such as sitting in a cafe without feeling like evryone is looking at me kind of thing , but i am getting a kind of aggressive attitude towards the idea that if anyone says anything cocky or bullying towards me i would easily poke out their eyes without a second thought, i dont like abusive attitudes, pleasentaries go a long way with me ,the injustices in this country make so angry and the politicians are either realy stupid or born evil waste of spaces that dont do anything about anything = for example 2mile perimiters around schools

where all vehicles drive at ten mph save some kids lives you idiots

never mind how late someone is going to be. Intergrate tom tom technology into cars as a must have with satelite control over vehicles speed it can be done , im an electronic engineer by trade , it can be done! this is just ONE of the worlds slackness that gets me really angry

the goverment are still relying on the old infrastructures of our predecessors,whilst playin silly buggers with billions of pounds , why is there not a system of finding out what each child has a natural talent for and creating an education system that caters for natural talents in people instead of the rubbish system of old that left a generation of now adults with major reading,writing and maths skills deficiancies,because of this old system it took till i was 28 to realise what my natural talent was and the exams i took was like eating sweets, i shall rant on tommorrow when ive taken tablet number 4 ,feel free to comment on my opinions

• Posted

:lol: Well, you made me laugh after lying in bed all day! Feltr awful...yet there is not a sickness on me!

What is that about ten mph? I agree, I am sick of seeing lolipop ladies fly through the sky.

Here, here!

And as for bloody politicians.....they need to get some fire up that place where the sun d :lol: ont shine!!!! So there...!

But thanks for cheering me up !!!!

• Posted

TABLET NO 4 DAY ,STILL NO SIDE EFFECTS ,UNLESS YESTERDAYS RANT WAS AN ACTUAL SIDE EFFECT ,

I WENT OUT SHOPPING IN TOWN TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN ABOUT 2 YEARS I FOUND MYSELF BEING PARANOID ABOUT MUGGERS AND PICKPOCKETS AS ITS THE CHRISTMAS PERIOD , ESPECIALLY WHEN THE PEOPLE BEHIND YOU ARE TALKING A FOREIGN LANGUAGE , DONT WEAR A CAP WHEN YOU GO INTO HOUSE OF FRASER THEY THINK YOUR A THIEF

'ARE YOU OK SIR' = NO I FKIN AINT YOUR SECRET SECURITY GUARDS ARE PISSING ME OFF JUST COS IM NOT WEARING £300 WORTH OF CLOTHING, IM LOOKING FOR A CHRISTMAS PRESENT FOR MY DAD,

OR AM I NOT POSH ENOUGH TO PURCHASE YOUR GOODS ,[NO OFFENCE TO THE RICH THEY HAVE A BIGGER PROBLEM OF MAINTAINING RICHNESS], £595.00 FOR A GIRLS HANDBAG {NOT THE KIND OF PRESENT I WAS LOOKING FOR } MY DAD USES CARRIER BAGS FOR HIS USELESS JUNK, WHILST THEY'RE FOLLOWING ME THE GEEZER WITH THE £300 SUIT ON HAS JUST SLIPPED SOMETHING IN HIS POCKET WITHOUT PAYING FOR IT, THEY HAVE GOT TO BE THE WORST AT KNOWING HOW SHOPLIFTERS WORK IVE NEVER BEEN ONE BUT I KNOW THE SECURITY ARE CRAP AT SPOTTING WHO THEY REALLY ARE,THAT WAS DAY 4 , MORE RANTING TOMMORROW SHOULD THE DAYS EVENTS REQUIRE IT

• Posted

Plus,...you forgot to mention hooded tops, spots , cuts and bruises, oh yeah and ripped jeans, God forbid....whilst iam being mugged in Jenners, the nit wit security guard is kicking me out cause i look like some sort of druggie ned, meanwhile mr posh has pockets full of gold and silver. stolen from the jewellry counter.and walks out with his chin in the air....Oh yeah...whilst being asked , :would you like an account card with that?...the lowest apr ever....shops are sh*t!!!!! You would have to be an idiot to pay over the odds for a handbag anyway. They never last and anyway, its only a portable waste basket!!!!
  • Posted

YESTURDAY PILL 5 DAY , JUST STAYED IN
  • Posted

these tablets make you feel sick after 5 days dont think ill be taking anymore
  • Posted

dont worry my ranting is all metaphorical i have no desire to inflict pain or harm to anyone even if they do p*ss me off on a regular basis , calm down dear its just a website
  • Posted

Don't know what you said but I couldn't get on the web site. had to connect about 10 times.

calm down the side effects will go. keep taking the medication.

Take to your doctor about how they make you feel. I'm sure the doctor has heard it all before.

• Posted

Mrs J....It was funny...but maybe a bit volatile. Rantings went on about somesort of traffic warden.....who semmed to be selective! Anyway, better watch what I say here...dont want to get into trouble!

Action Uk...I felt sick and dizzy...ih yeah and forgetful...thats all passed. Today iis good. Dont give up. You are obviously quite intelligent and i enjoyed your ranting!

• Posted

I decided to repress the post because I felt it had become more of a rant about traffic wardens, parking restrictions, other people etc than an experience of a particular drug.

The purpose of this forum is to enable people to share their experiences of a drug or medical condition, not to mouth off about things that annoy or frustrate them.

Patient Admin

• Posted

Hilary

I think you have over reacted.

The feelings of ranting and wanting to burst out all your frustration is a good relieve for people who are suffering from depression, panic attacks or similair.

As a reader of other peoples feelings I understand how things need to be said. Its better than people going up to other people in the street and shouting at them.

I think you should lighten up.

Sorry if you don't like my comment but ths site is for people suffering and how to express their feelings. I think as long as no one was treatened then it should be allowed to remain.

Thank you

J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.