Posted , 4 users are following.

hi folks

im new to this site,im on cit 10 and having a bad time,plse help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. How long have you been taking it?
  • Posted

You will for 4 to 6 weeks, that's how long it takes to get into your system......i gave up after 5 days but that drug isn't for everyone, if you can stick it out though then i wish you all the best.

Danielle x

• Posted

I have been for 19 days on Citalopram 20 mg. For 15 days the side effects I experienced were terrible; I  could not sleep, could not eat, I lost 5 pounds, I had strange thoughts, even my skin hurt.  Then, four days ago I started to get better. I still feel depressed in the morning and have a few panic attacks.  But, they are less powerful, I sleep better, eat better, etc.  I have a strong family support and this helps me a great deal.  Talk to your physician who may give you pmore details on the side effects, you will feel more knowledgeable and understand how Cita is working.   I know it will take a few weeks to get over my depression.  However, I am delighted I stayed on Cita, because I now start feeling some improvement.  Yes, it has been a tough 2 weeks, but it is worth it, at least for me. I also started seeing a psychologist and I run on a trail mill.  All my best wishes.  Trust your physician.
  • Posted

Hi Wayne started on cit 2 weeks ago and had some side effects, at docs tomorrow to see if they are normal, mostly now I'm not depressed but my brain is really foggy and not functioning well. I have suffered with anxiety and depression in the past and know that you can get through this and will feel much better. Anything you want to know just message me and I can tell you about my experiences.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.