Citalopram 20mg and shakiness?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on Citalopram 20mg for almost three months. The last couple of nights, I have been having shakiness. Mainly in my hands. But, I just got out of the shower and my shakiness came out of nowhere. I was fine before getting in the shower.

Does anyone else have this with Citalopram?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The shakiness can be a symptom of many thing. Cold, anxiety, and hunger. The med also can give shakiness as a side effect and some times it comes and goes. Also, the med give us relaxing feeling so our muscles feel weak and we shaking.

I dont think it is something serious so dont worry.

• Posted

Hi

Shakiness was one of the last things to go for me and im nearly 3 months in and when I e had a bath o get the shaky hands and do get slight shaky hands now and again also so I think it's normal with these meds

• Posted

Thank you for the replies. I just thought I was odd because I never have bouts of shakiness.
  • Posted

WOW!  Whenwas on 40 mg ff cit. daily, I did have this in one of my arms.  I never associated it with cit.  Now that you mention it, since I'vbeen on 10 g of cit. daily, I have no shakiness n my arm.  Interesting. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.