citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone finally got off my backside and went to see my gp yesterday i suffered from depresion about 13yrs ago just before i came out. for the last six month`s ive been feeling low and just getting lower at this moment in time i just want to go to sleep 4 a long time i have also been drinkingmore and more as the weeks have gone byit was good o be able to sit and chat to the gp about it spent the whole 45mins crying .so far no side affects just taken my second tablet today neutraliam dave by the way

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi dave ive got the tabs as well im to scared to try them will wait and see how you get on with them
  • Posted

hi there well il be taking ma 3rd tablet to day am defo gonna carry on with them but at the mo i feel more shattered not sleeping too well and even more depressed just hoping they kick in soon :?
  • Posted

hi every1 im now on day 8 of taking citalopram first 3 days was very spaced out and panicy didnt want to do anything or got outdoors then next 5 days hav been quite normal they have taken the edge of fear away for now i know it early days but so far so good,i recommend u give these tabs a go if ur realy ready to solve ur probs but u do hav to help too by wanting to change by helping urself to stop having negative thoughts .
  • Posted

well iam on day four and i keep going from hot to freezing cold and had some really bad dreams aslo parts of my body like my back and arms are really sore thankfully got an appointment on monday to see the doc sad
  • Posted

Hi All

I haven't been here for a while but I'm on week 18 of cit now & at first I was terified of taking it, although I still have a few side effects I'm pleased that I stuck with it.

When I started taking them I had been off work for a year & couldn't leave the house without a panic attack. It took 8 wks before I really felt any real benefit but after 12wks I was able to return to work part time & I'm now full time. I still have periods of anxiety but with the help of my psychologist I can manage it.

To all of you just starting Citalopram try to stick with it, I knw the side effects can be difficult but they should only last a few weeks.

Good luck all.

Annette

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.