Citalopram 30mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

why do I feel so awful on these can someone explain to me how they are meant to make you feel after a while as I’m still feeling so rubbish I have just increased from 20mg to 30mg can someone tell me that I’m going to get better as I don’t feel like I am at all 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

How long have you been on them for?
    • Posted

Well from what people have told me especially since you just changed it starts all over again the effects and it’s about two-three weeks 
  • Posted

I was on 20mg for two weeks then went to 30mg and I’ve been on 30mg for two weeks when I take them after half an hour feels like I’m tipsy so I lie down for a bit I take them on a night time x
    • Posted

I do but don’t no if it’s just thought of me having them not sure at the moment I’ve got tingling around my mouth which is freckling me out
    • Posted

Yes mine are finally kicking in after 6 weeks I’m actually functional. Still feel off but way better than I did! Hang In there, your body is just adjusting
    • Posted

Can I ask you what you have got wrong is it anxiety? Is it that your always stuck in your own mind cause mine is 
    • Posted

Yeah I had really severe anxiety I couldn’t go out without getting sick or feeling doom and gloom. Yeah I’m not as trapped after I started this medication. But I’m going to be honest I’m still having moments. But people are telling me it takes about 12 weeks to finally feel like yourself again. I’m holding on, I’m tons better than I was. I promise it will get better!
    • Posted

I found that heating pads really relax me, if I put it on my chest or my shoulders it calms me down. I drink lots of chamomile tea every time I feel anxious, sometimes if it’s really bad I take a bath 
    • Posted

But if it took me a while for that to help me so the medication is kind of the only thing that finally made me feel safe again 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.