Citalopram 4.5 weeks in

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi, this is my 2nd time taking citalopram. I've been on 10mg for about 4.5 weeks now. the past couple days have been more upbeat for me. however, tonight I got this heavy headache and my body is getting fatigued. mood is getting a bit down. is that supposed to happen? I've been a bit up and down for the past 3 weeks so hoping the meds will amp up in the next week or so.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

yes all that you described is within the norm with this medication.

• Posted

my appetite has also been down. when does the medication really get going. feels like I'm just tired and my muscles are weak

• Posted

is different for everyone you could start seen relief tomorrow or next month or in three months it varies .it took me 8months to recover.you will get ups an downs while the med.is stabilizing.plus you will feel weird side effects coming and going.

• Posted

at least it's normal and not just me. just want my appetite to improve. feeling sluggish makes me nervous

• Posted

i really hope so, don't want to lose much weight. ate more the past couple days though and was feeling more upbeat. i just started feeling tired/weak lethargic again tonight, kinda sudden

• Posted

yes those up an downs you are experiencing are all part of this medication.hang on there .you will come thru.

• Posted

ok, it just helps knowing others have gone through it. i am away from home too and will be returning in 2 days. thats probably part of it. nice to know I'll be ok. just takes time. I've been more active the past few days which could have just tired my body out. waiting patiently for the citalopram to kick in.

• Posted

wow. i can't imagine that. i just want my appetite back do i can gain weight and be happy. low appetite makes me really nervous, it its a side effect so i guess I'll eat what i can and deal with the other stuff

• Posted

yes its a side effect of the cit.try drinking ensure shakes they contain all your nutritional values.easy to drink because it taste good.

• Posted

hi, i was feeling more anxious this morning as i prepared for my flight home. the nerves got to me and I vomited. is that normal after 4 weeks. i haven't thrown up in around 2.5 weeks before today. I'm drinking fluids and eating chicken for the protein.

• Posted

yes .when doing something like flying your nerves will make you nauseous and at times you will vomit.that is good you are eating drink plenty of fluids exercise stay away from coffee.

• Posted

hi there, i am on 10mg too and having a rough old time. plus i keep retching too. This is my 3rd time and it does seem to be taking longer to level out. i was feeling back to normal then went downhill. not to as bad as was in the beginning but i keep losing my appetite! I keep getting compliments at work re the weight loss and so i am brutally honest with people.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.