Citalopram 4 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

First time posting in here.

I was diagnosed with depression quite a few years ago, after a series of self medicating through alcohol etc.

I have been on and off citalopram for a few years too. At first I battled with the idea of needing medication, as I thought it was me being stupid. I always thought it was a state of mind, but that really isn’t true from where I stand on it now.

I always used to be a positive loving person and everything one day just turned grey. It honestly came out of no where and I really struggled. 

I had a really bad down turn in October last year and become somewhat agrophobic. After about a week in the medication, it started to subside. However just before my birthday in April, I felt it creeping back with huge, unstoppable waves of anxiety.

Me and my fiancé have just got engaged and life was truly great. But her dad hasn’t really said much about it, which makes me think I am not good enough for her.

With me and how I have been over the years, I can understand slightly but he hasn’t said congratulations once to us. It’s heartbreaking that her own dad who we live with, hasn’t said anything to us about it.

I felt enraged about all of this and started studying, to work my way out of the house because it can be a toxic environment.

So after me being on citalopram after 4 weeks, I’m feeling really de-sensitised and just don’t know what the hell is going on. 

I am sorry for going on, but just need some re-assurance that things will get better this time round. I have quite an upset stomach in the morning which seems to pass as the day goes on. The nausea kicked in, but seems to have gone now. But I feel there is some slight change.

Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh you poor thing the first thing is well done for taking the first steps to getting better x Its not easy to begin with on the meds but you will get there i had nausea for 9 weeks on and off but have had the last 2 days free of any sickness x You need to focus on the positives like the happy life you will have with your fiance x Why dont you sit down and talk to her dad explain how you feel
    • Posted

HI Michelle,

Thanks for your reply.

I feel that things are picking up slowly, but sometimes I can just drift into a world of nothing and just flare up.

At the moment, I’m trying to stay as relaxed as possible.

I’ve got testorone tests next week, so let’s hope that will give me what I’m looking for.

• Posted

I found listening to an end anxiety app helped i use to listen to it all the time x It helps to train the brain into thinking positively . Read as much as you can about it as well the more understanding of the symptoms and side effects is good . Be patient i know its really difficult especially when you feel at your worst but you will get better honestly . Take care
    • Posted

Michelle,

I’m elated you hadc2 days nauseous free. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Will😎

• Posted

Ch4ncock, 

Stick with it. It will get better.  Also on Utube Rebekah Borucki has great meditation. It helped me immensely!

Will😎

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.