Citalopram 40mgs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Iv been on the 40mgs for about 3 weeks or so now if just come back from holiday I felt so good on holiday didn't have a care in the world an when I would get anxious my mind was kept so busy going out an about with my partner but since iv come back iv gone abit on the down side... been missing my partner (even tho I'm seeing him next week) which is normally but had a few changes at work an sorta been down tryna cope with my mental illness mabe I haven't accepted what I have an I know it takes time.. an plus worry about my mum who had terminal bone cancer but I just wanna know if this is normal to be up on min and enjoying myself then back to normal routeen an down I just think everything has just got me at once!! I get so scared that anything can trigger my depression an anxiety an it's so bloody scary!! Anyone else feel like this?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

this is absolutely normal Lauren because as you say you were in sunshine not a care then reality hits your back to the same old life probably raining back to work I'm always the same and I've been using antidepressants for over twenty years and don't forget they can take 4 to 6 weeks to start working you just have to take one day at a time and hopefully pills will kick in xx

• Posted

Thanks hun means alot just so hard to accept what I have I know its been 1 year an 5 months since i was digonsed with mental health (serve depress anxiety and panic attack disorder)but it's still early an I'm still learning just never thought I would have this because iv always been a strong women but mabe I kept alot of stuff in then what I should off!!

• Posted

Thank you to the both of you I think iv just got really worried because iv notice my anxiety has been affecting my sleep tonight but I was fine with my sleep on holiday.. I have a check up on Monday at the doctors to see how iv gotten on with these tablets anyways but I'm also prown to have UTI aswell which can make ur mentel health worse so iv just gotta be patient an wait till Monday which feels like foreva tho!!

• Posted

hi lauren, this sounds normal to my mind. when you go away on holiday all the worries temporarily stop, but once you return reality starts again. i am so sorry to hear about your mum. i think you probably have a lot to contend with. i wish you luck.

• Posted

Thank you so much it means alot yeah I have alot on my plate... but I just stay as strong as I can be but since upping my dose I just feel so sensitive like the slowest thing to bring me down can bring me to tears but I know tablets take time to work just so bloody annoying!!

• Posted

hi lauren, aww bless you! I hope something gives you the relief you need. i wish you luck!

• Posted

it only take 1 think to put you overy the edge into depression with me it was an eighteen year old town bike said she was pregnant to my sixteen year old son who was fifteen at time so she should have been charged and twenty years later I'm still on the pills x

• Posted

Jhezz that's horrible how u coping with it now? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.