Citalopram

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've just started on citalopram 20mg and I feel so tired and spaced out I literally don't feel like I'm awake . I'm sleepy all day and feel sick. When will these feelings go away?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I`m on 10mg, and i take mine in the morning. Been on them for 4 days now, second time round. Came off them too soon last time, dueto running out, and now i know what they are like and what they do. After 1/2 hour, i come up and feel abit spaced, but i carry on like a normal day.
  • Posted

Hi!  An excellent thread for this question is "Anyone NOT had any side effects on Citalopram?"  It is extensive and covers hundreds of people's experiences with the side effects.  Good luck!
  • Posted

Just upped from 20 to 40mg a couple weeks ago. I had a terrible time adjusting to the higher dose, much worse than when I first went on Citalopram 6 years ago. My anxiety worsened, especially in the mornings, but sometimes all day. Didn't sleep very well and experienced fatigue. The last few days things are improving. Everyone reacts in different ways, but I've noticed many people report some similar experiences. From everything I've read, adjustment to new Citalopram or to a higher dose can easily take several weeks.

It gets better thought. Citalopram has been very beneficial for me the last 6 years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.