Citalopram 5 ml for 2 weeks now i feel my ears ringing

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi , well i suffer from anxiety for a long time and couple months ago i went to my MD and divided to try to control it with out Med but after 2 months felling more anxious i started to take Citalopram 10ml but only half table for one week (5ml), I experienced all kind of side effects but one that still there after 2 weeks the the ringing in my ears , and is making me feel so annoying and kind of anxious becouse is always ringing , I've been thinking about droping the medication but I'm scare about the side effect of no taking the med, now have anyone experienced that and may be disappear like the others side effects?

I heard that is call Tinnitus and could stay permanent and there is where i got really worry..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dan I've had tinnitus in one ear for years now but since I started on Citalopram 3 months ago the ringing has got a bit worse

Hope this helps

• Posted

Hi thank you for take the time and read my concerns, i just called my doctor and explain the ringing been kind of loud after taking the medication and She told me to stop tking it before it gets worse , im kind of worry but i think is better now and not wait too long and see if the soung in my ears goes away...
    • Posted

Hi dan. I have had tinnitus on and off before starting the meds but since starting citalopram I hear it every night and it's louder than before. I think I will mention it to my doctor when I see her next week. Thanks for your post. I did not realise that it could be due to the meds

• Posted

Hi Leah yes I've had tinnitus in one ear for about 3 years but it's definitely got louder since I started on Citalopram I will too mention this to my doctor but I did work with a man years ago who had tinnitus due to the meds, I hear mine mostly at night obviously but it does t bother me I can still sleep luckily x

• Posted

Yes I'm the same I can ignore it at night But I don't wouldn't want it to get any worse decinatwky worth mentioning to doctor x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.