Citalopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello I have bin on 10mg citalopram for 3 days now and first day was fine then 2nd and third all I have bin doing is feeling badly dizzy feeling very sick and feeling very drained and tired also getting very hot I take them in the morning as that's when I took my very first one..is anyone having these symptoms as well it's really driving me insane as got 5 kids to look after and can't keep feeling like this..when will they start to feel better.. I've bin on 20mg citalopram before and they made me worse panic attacks please any advice I've also bin on propranolol and sertraline and every single one of them make me badly I'll

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't understand why you were put back on them if they made you worse in the past? Does your prescribing doctor know your previous experience? there are so many other drugs they could try instead...

Generally though you need to give ittime to adjust. It should take a couple of weeks for the worst of adjustment disturbances to subside and then another 2-4 weeks to even out.

Let us know how you get on.

x

• Posted

My body wouldn't allow me to go up to 20, but I was fine at 10.. Usually you will have side effects anywhere from a few days to a week or two.. Try as much as you can to let the pills build up in your system.. If you cant, ask for a new prescription

• Posted

You are on a low dose of this medication and you will need to give the drug time too work, around five weeks. The problem will be that an increase in the medication will be given around four weeks of starting them. Your body needs time to get used to this drug. It will not be benficial to start changing medication this time. Generally there is no Holy Grail of AD, you need to give the medication time.

It would seem above you are well in trying diffrent medications. Evertime you pass over one medication they will generally not return to drugs passed over, you need to be patient and get used to the medication you are now taking. Three days is no-where long enough to allow the drug to work. Yes you have Anxiety and possibly Depression, that is not the point, if you go through the list of mdications you will find you could run out of alternatives, seriously !!!!

BOB

• Posted

Thank you so much all for supporting me I will like you all said carry on and see how I feel I no it takes time for the medication to work it's just so horrible not being able to do anything due to the dizziness and constant feeling sick it's horrible..I have my first psychological therapy tomorrow so I'm hoping that all starts getting into place..I have bin on so many different meds and I just haven't stuck to them due to having severe side effects it proper puts me off them but I no how that I have to constant take them thank you xxxx

• Posted

Kristie - I can totally understand what you are going through. Your body takes a lot of time to adjust to Citalopram. Infact the first few days are always the worst as it aggrewates the symptoms significantly. You will see things settling down by the end of the second week. Usually by the end of the 4th week your body would have fully adjuated and you would find a rhythm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.