Citalopram. 6 weeks of 20 mg and getting really dizzy. Can you help?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I hope someone can give me advice. I don't handle ads very well. I'm on citalopram 20 mgs and have been for the last 6 weeks. I'm getting very lightheaded and dizzy. Didn't have this before the ads and not at the start. Ive also got terrible headaches. Anxiety is worse. Not sure if I should carry on?

Thanks for any advice

Sarah

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

At six weeks put your mind at rest and make an appointment with your GP.

Make a list of your concerns and go through that in the Surgery, it will save time.

Keep a hold

BOB

• Posted

Same thing happened to me. I have just switched to venoflaxine 2 days ago. I m still dizzy with headaches. Maybe withdrawal from the cit.
  • Posted

Hi, oh my thats not good, but i have heard others complain of dizziness. But its been 6 weeks and most side effects tend to ease. I woulent just stop, but I would go see you doctor to check it out. All the best. 
  • Posted

It does get worse before it gets better, and this can start a few weeks after taking the meds or even at 6 weeks.  

Agree though - do get a check up with the doctors - it could even be something as simple as your ears.  I get the same.

You really do have to persevere on meds for many months, getting through the side effects and other annoying symptoms (which will ease in time).  To change meds is ofetn like starting out again which would be a shame since you've come so far already.

Just my personal view mind 😉

Your doctors will advise whats best for you though.

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.