Citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

just wondering weather someone can help me and tell me how I will start feeling when I see my mood improving because I feel so rubbish and I don’t feel like I am getting any better I’m now on 30 mg and got a cold really hoping I start to feeel like me again soon I was on 20mg for 6 weeks and now on 30mg been on 30mg for a week and a few days now just wondering when I will feel better and able to enjoy things I used to it’s horrible hope someone can give me a positive improvement 

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sophie!

Just wanted to share my experience with you for some help and support.

I started on 20mg and was on that for 3 months before I upped to 30mg. When I started again I felt like I was back at square one. It took at least 4 weeks to adjust again. I was suffering from lethargy and headaches and inability to focus. I switched to taking the pills at night which really helped! 

This may be hard to hear but it took me a solid 6 months to start feeling better enough for the side affects to stop worrying me. Every side affect I suffered from would trigger my anxiety (as a lot of my anxiety is health related). So it was tough. I also went through a shocking period of depression and felt like I could not longer cope. Now that I am through it I am able to function so much better in my day to day. I can cope with my anxiety so much better (it will never fully go away for me). I am so happy and calm.

So although it can be unbelievably horrible at times it is worth it. You need a really good support base and someone to help you through the bad days. But stick at it. The medication is working, getting used to living without anxiety is a whole learning experience. its tough.

Good luck to you!

P

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I was on 20mg for two weeks then went up to 30mg and been on it for two weeks went doctors and he as took me back down to 20mg as he said 30mg was to much for me so now I’m waiting for the 10mg to come out my system so I’ll just be on 20mg if that makes sense
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up