Citalopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please help been on cit for 13 weeks, I thought I was getting better, with the anxiety in morning, the last two weeks being having it back, does that mean they have stopped working, thank you for any help

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It might be that u need to up your dosage also have u had councelling or done any courses they help a great deal x Do u take your tablet morning or evening speak to your doctor or the pharmacist there are several things u can do x i had 10mg beta blocker when i was really bad which helped with physical side effects then stopped when i felt better x
    • Posted

I take 20 mg in evening, no other help yet , courses are a long wait, how long have you been on cit, what dose do you take, thank you for reply
    • Posted

I was originally on 20 mg when i had my first anxiety panic attack it feb 2017 i managed to go down to 10mg after 5 months and was fine up intil this feb when i had a bad reaction to some antibiotics . I was put back on 20mg but had some councelling about mindfullness which was really good .Ive got a 4 week course starting on the 24 th April. I was messed about with strong beta blockers etc but when i came off them and put on a lower dose i was a lot better. It is well worth speaking to your doctor perhaps go up another 5mg as it has worked for you and look at courses and apps u can download .Its about training the mind to be positive thinking its not easier at first but it does sink in eventually.I found an app end anxiety i now can lie there and go through it without the tape being on .
    • Posted

Hi Michelle, I looked in App Store for end anxiety and there are many. Which one do you use? 
    • Posted

Hi Will

Is actually called end anxiety it is a symbol of a blue square with a white squiggle in the centre x It about focusing on a feather at the beginning

• Posted

Its probably a setback.  Setbacks are common through recovery on meds meaning your anxiety will fluctuate - this often confuses people and makes them think the meds aren't working or they're ill again.  Nope.  It'll feel like 3 steps forward and 2 steps back all the way through.

So no - the meds haven't stopped working, and just let those feelings that have returned just be there.  They will go again.

Took me 6 months to recover and I had setbacks all the way through.  They do get easier.

• Posted

Thank you, I was getting better now feel back where I started, so worried
    • Posted

Yes that's exactly how a setback works - the anxiety flares up again and foxes you into thinking you're not well, meds aren't working and then you worry about it which causes even more anxiety.  

If you've started to feel better (before this blip) then it means the meds are working.  Recovery really can be slow, and during this process its like a roller coaster, feeling good and dipping many, many times.  It doesn't matter what dose you take either as you'll still get them - you can't avoid these setbacks.

As awful as they feel, just reassure yourself that you're on the right path and this is a natural part of recovery.  The setbacks get easier.

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.