Citalopram and appetite and also periods if any women can help?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I've been on 30mg of citalopram now for 5 days, I was on 20mg for 4 weeks before that. How does everyone find citalopram and your appetite? Mine has really picked up, I'm constantly craving sweet food and I'm hungry all the time, I'm underweight so probably doesn't matter but I don't want to get big lol!

Also, my period was due this week and it's not arrived, can citalopram mess with out cycles? Thanks x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

DOnt complain about your appetite lol most people loose it, I been on 30 now for 7 weeks and still fighting threw the side effects. I never had period issues but every one is different and yes it can mess around with your cycle. I would t worry about your appetite be thankful u can eat, I am under weight and I still have a hard time eating.
  • Posted

Hi Alicia,

it's that your appetite has improved. It's partially because of increased positive mood. It will settle😃

any new med can disrupt your cycle a bit. That will settle as well.

best,

linda

• Posted

Hi Alicia I was on 10mg for 7 weeks then went up to 15 and now I'm feeling good all I do is eat and I'm constantly hungry lol my weight is 8 stone which is fine but I do t want to put more on so hopefully it will ease!! I'm not sure about periods mine was a week early this time but that's pretty normal for me sorry I could t help, Debbie

• Posted

I was 10mg for 7 days now on 20mg end of 4th day. Iv noticed my appetite has increased. I was thin before but do not want to get over 125 as my bad back will flare an fibromyalgia. Hopefully it will calm down! Must exercise!
  • Posted

Hi all, thanks for your replies, it's good to know that it's normal for this to happen, funny thing is just after I posted this yesterday my period came on!! So quite relieved about that too x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.