Citalopram and buspar

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive been on cit 10 mg for 13 weeks for driving anxiety. Not much help yet. I also have Xanax when I have a longer drive. Don't take the Xanax much. Maybe 1 a week. My doctor doesn't want to refill that anymore so he gave me a prescription for buspar to take as needed for driving. All the research I've done reads as this won't be much help as a as needed drug. Any opinions? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Citalprom takes time to kick in sometimes 5 Months ,everyone is different, what do u feel when driving if u do not mind sharing ,u have come to the right site.
  • Posted

Thanks richardt for the response. The only time I have anxiety is when I drive. Just came on suddenly. Don't have it any other time. I get super shaky and very lightheaded and feel like I'm going to pass out. I live out in the country so I need to drive to get get groceries and feed. The closest town is about 10 miles away so my trips are always at least 20 miles round trip. I've never had a accident or been afraid to drive so this is really irritating. 
  • Posted

Yes it is the same. It says both on my bottle. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.