Citalopram and diazapam?

Posted , 3 users are following.

has anyone taken diazapam with citalopram? been given one to take before i go on holiday this weekend and am really scared

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Same question here.

Being on CIT 10 mg for 3 weeks (2nd time on CIT), and still struggling with anxiety. GP gave me lorazepam (0.5 mg, 60 pills) to take the edge off for CIT starting with a dosage of 1-2 times daily. I was told that I do not need to worry about possible benzo addition if I follow this. I am still scared and not to want to follow. However, after 0.5 mg lorazepam I am back to normal.

I just counted that within pass 3 weeks that I have taken 15 pills of lorazepam in total. Hope I am not addicted already.

Any experience with others?

Thanks,

June

• Posted

They go perfectly well together, diazapam are great. The only trouble is they are addictive and they start losing their effect after a while and why they will only give you a short course of them, usually only a couple of weeks. If not we wouldn't need A/D's for anxiety, daizapam are much better. Just don't drink alcohol when you have taken one, leave it 24 hours, they don't mix well. Pop that pill, make the most of it and enjoy your holiday, you will only wish you were given more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.