Citalopram and Imipramine.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Recently came up with massive pins and needles mostly in the neck and up into head. What’s driven me crazy is it’s almost exactly on an every other day basis. Was prescribed 20 MG Citalopram and still no improvement after 2 weeks. Also just feeling so much different than before. I was already taking 100 Mg of Imipramine at night  which concerns me because I’m not confident that mixing these meds is a good thing. I’m ready to pull the plug on Citalopram but am concerned I’m giving up on it too early. Is anyone else taking 2 of these drugs together? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi. 2 weeks is still early days. I found around the 2 to 3 weeks mark I got slightly worse which is normal. They day at least 4 to 6 weeks but some people react quicker and some longer. I've been on 20mg just over 5 weeks and have i.proved but I'm ready to up my dose to 30mg.....awaiting a call from Dr. Speak to your Dr they may be able to give you reassurance or something to help with the side effects

• Posted

Well this was prescribed by my PCP who’s not exactly sure what’s the right thing. I’ve got no problem going though this mess as long as I’m confident I’m doing the right thing. Hoping to get appointment soon with Pychiotrist or Master Clinitian soon to see if the 2 antidepressants I’m on are a good combo. The idea is to get me off of the older one on to just the citolapram but I’m still taking full dose of older Med. I was givin more tranquilizers if needed but not going back to more of them because the taste too much medicine  in your system just makes you more depressed in my opinion. Thanks for the reply and we all just got to keep on trucking..
  • Posted

If your DC.prescribe both together it must be ok ..but I would check with my pharmacist...two weeks is not even touching the benefits of celexa.take care..
    • Posted

Thanks. I’ve not given up on it and I’ve only been on the 20 Mgs for a week. All I know is that tingling gonna have to go if I’m going to keep my sanity.  Lol. This forum is at least an outlet to others sharing the same experiences.  It’s better than complaining to my poor wife over and over again these symptoms. 
    • Posted

Yes Daniel continue to post...it's way better than any therapy out there.

• Posted

My partner is great and listens and sympathises but only those of us who have felt it knows how debilitating it is. My sister had suffered and when I talk to her she knows exactly what I mean and feel. Absolutely post on here. Someone will always listen and understsnd. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.