Citalopram and omeprazole

Posted , 6 users are following.

Aaargh, why did I google.   I just took my second dose of cit along with my omeprazole and then thought to check if it’s ok to mix.   Google came back with “eh no not really unless you want even worse side effects”.   Does anybody take these drugs together? I’m stressing now and wishing I had thought to read up before swallowing them.  sad 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I did the same! I phoned pharmacist and she says leave 2 hours between each. I’ve lowered my dose of omeprazole from 20mg to 10mg now just to be in the safe side as I have horrible side effects which I didn’t have last time I was on citalopram but not ompreazole. It’s fine tho if you leave the 2 hour gap 
    • Posted

Ah see I took them at the same time.  Won’t do that again.  Good to know Judith thanks x 
  • Posted

you can take both medication at the same time,i did and it did not effect me
  • Posted

I take 40mg citalopram and 40mg omeprazole and fine. 
  • Posted

Clearly I am fretting over nothing.  Just read that it increases the citalopram in your blood or something to that effect and my anxiety ran away with me.   I might just start taking my omeprazole a few hours after i take the citalopram.   I love this forum it’s grest to get answers from folk dealing with it.  smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.