Citalopram and problems sleeping

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been taking citalopram for a week now and finding it really difficult to sleep at night which I know is a side effect.

However, I have very busy days and I have an important interview next week and I'm finding it so difficult to function when I'm tired.

Is it better if I start taking my pill at night instead of in the morning?

And can I just switch when I take it one day? Will this cause any problems?

Anyone done the same?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi ,I cant see it making any difference as it will still work either way,it will take a few weeks for it to build up in your system before you feel  the benefit of this drug,smile
  • Posted

Hi Louise, I had the same problem and found that taking it in the night workes best for me. Try it. x
  • Posted

you may find daytime function worsen if you take the pill at night because the majority of the dose will release whilst you are sleeping.  you could give it a try though and see.

rich

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.