Citalopram and problems sleeping

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been taking citalopram for a week now and finding it really difficult to sleep at night which I know is a side effect.

However, I have very busy days and I have an important interview next week and I'm finding it so difficult to function when I'm tired.

Is it better if I start taking my pill at night instead of in the morning?

And can I just switch when I take it one day? Will this cause any problems?

Anyone done the same?

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

yeah I think taken it in the morning is batter

but I think u should take it twice just not to miss a dose and has withdrew symptoms

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Louise,

Why are you taking Cita?

In the meantime as Roby said DO NOT miss a dose!

Regards,

David

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Louise

I started Citalopram almost 2 weeks ago. I take mine going to bed and find I'm. dropping off quicker but still waking up tired. Hope this helps. What dosage are you on.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Louise

Sorry you aren't sleeping I had awful insomnia for the first 10 days and only slept for 2 or 3 hours a night. What time in the morning do you take your citalopram ? I was taking it mid morning at 11am when I moved it to 9am my sleeping improved quickly, so perhaps try as early in the morning as you can, but aI would check with your gp first.

Best Wishes

I hope you start to feel better soon

Helen

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Louise, in my case i took some sleep gels to help sleep the sooner your on citalopram the quicker the recovery? 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up