Citalopram at five weeks - encouragement?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys, I'm coming up

for five weeks on 20mg. Have had a brutal start-up. I have noticed that my

mood has lifted and I'm coping better etc. but still 24/7 anxiety/dread and some days this awful agitation. Also no appetite and very poor sleep. It's all so exhausting.

Feeling discouraged today that things will ever get better.

Help?

Lucy

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hey Lucy. I too am at 5 weeks. The last couple days have been better for me. Sleep hasnt been a problem for me. I still have some anxiety, but for the most part its better. Stivk with it. You are close to feeling better. They say the anxiety is yhe last to go. Stay at the 20 and give it time to work for you. I am here for encouragement when you need it. katecogs is wonderful along with gillian. Sureound yourself with friends and family and enjoy the new year. Hoping you the best

• Posted

Thank you Dubry. Feeling so awful, so that's appreciated. It's this agitation, it's worse than the anxiety 😦

• Posted

Lucy how are you feeling now? I was doing great and past couple days, Ive had some rough times. Hope youre feeling better

• Posted

Hi Lucy,i know that some times you may feel down ,but being on 20 mgs for 5 weeks may be the reason why you feel like you do ,so stay on that dosage for another 6/8 weeks and you should find that that will help you allot

• Posted

Hi Lucy, I'm on my 5th week atm, and I'm literally having the same problems in terms of sleeping and exhaustion. You posted this 5 weeks ago and was wondering if the sleep improved for you in the end?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.