citalopram/ best antidepressants?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all,

I don't know if any of you have any advice now I have very bad depression I have had it for most of my life I'm only 30 just turned I may add smile

I have been on mirazpine I think that's the wrong spelling of this antidepressants but anyway, my GP said to try Mir as this is one of the best ones but it does come with side effects such as weight gain which for me I didn't want to hear as I'm trying to lose weight but I thought okay I will give them ago. 2weeks in I'm lightheaded I feel tired and I take them just before bed which knocks me out. The point that I'm getting at is I don't want to feel light headed anymore so the last two days I have stopped taken them I haven't told my GP as I think I would like to go back on citalopram but I'm unsure if I can them is there a gap you have to wait to start them?.

I was on seraline before this one but it didn't even touch the sides. I have no idea what or who is going to help to get better.

If anyone can say if I can continue taking my citalopram after taking MIR that would be a great help.

Did anyone Else have side effects with citalopram

Thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi claire everyone has side affects with citalopram i started taking them 3 months ago and they made me feel totally crap so i started to try and come of them slowly but everyone says these tablets take up to a few months to start working so im going to start taking mine again. the side effects are horrible but should start to subside after a while i feel like crap at this moment to but what can you do the best thing to do is keep taking your meds and go see your doctor. hope that helps a bit . stay strong and you will get there. smile

• Posted

hi worse side effects i took 10mg last night thats the first tablet i have taken for three days and i have felt slightly better but as the day goes on starting to feel crap again thats probabaly as i only took 10mg.smile

• Posted

hi yes depression got worse but slowly get better.with these tablets things always get worse before they start to get better.
    • Posted

I got worse on all of them. But I have to get on something that will help. Amitriptyline helped me out for 5 days, then my depression and anxiety got so much worse that I thought I should stop, but I may go back on
    • Posted

hi i would go back to see your doctor and talk to them when taking new medicaition it can take some time to see a difference.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply 😊

I have started them so on 20mgs for now and with counselling fingers crossed hay. Do you ever find that when you speak to a doctor they don't seem to care. I had a call back yesterday and was going to through how I have been and he said medication isn't always the answer and that I should read a book on it.

It made me feel so annoyed that he said that I just said that's easy for you to say to someone that has had depression all there life.

Well New Year's Eve today so I'm trying to think about being positive for the future and I want this year to be a good one as this year has been one of the worst times of my life.

Thank you I hope you have a very happy new year

Claire

• Posted

hi claire i find that all the time with doctors like they dont realy care they just say take this take that even with seeing a counselling it takes three months to speak to someone.let me know how you get on with taking the 20mg you will probaly feel crap but thats just part of it side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.