Citalopram ( blocked ear after taking one )

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey

I’m on day 6 of taking 10mg if citalopram. All is going well considering the amount of potential side effects listed. However, has anyone experienced an immediate full feeling in their ears after taking them. I get it every single time it’s bizarre. It does eventually go away but I just wondered if this is common and if anyone else had experienced it? 

Thank you 😊 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I have had it is normal it’s does get better keep going 😁

• Posted

Oh good, I’m glad I’m not the only one. It’s the weirdest feeling. It’s probably something to do with my blood pressure maybe. How long did yours last for? 

Ps thank u for your reply. 

• Posted

I have also had this, and a feeling of  fuzzyness moving in around in  my head which gives me vertigo. Has anyone had this???
    • Posted

I’ve had dizzy spells since starting citalopram. If I get up to quick or something I get a fuzzy head and have to stand still for a while until it goes away. It’s pretty unnerving but I think it will go eventually. I’m just going to persist with the citalopram. I have to go back to the doctors in a few weeks so he can see how I am getting on so I guess any side effects that i experience I will share with him then. Hope your dizzy spells taper off soon. 

Are you taking citalopram? 

Since staring this medication I have learnt that over half of the women that I work with are also taking it. It’s crazy how much it’s needed now a days. I never thought I’d ever need help with anxiety. This has been a real shock to my system. 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. Yes I’m on 10mg, coming up to 3 months now. Yes I was surprised too at how many people are on this x
    • Posted

Does this drug relax your head I still don’t feel 100%and this is my 5th week 
  • Posted

I was prescribed this 10mg drug to try & curb anxiety however after being on the drug for a good few years now, I feel my anxieties are returning but not as bad as It first was. Do these drugs come in different strengths.

• Posted

Yes Tam1888 they come in 10mg, 20mg 30mg and 40mg. They usually prescribe 10mg for just anxiety or panic disorder and then if you have depression then they go higher. Although anxiety and depression go hand in hand sometimes. I’ve only been experiencing this anxiety for 4 weeks but it made me incredibly ill physically hence why I have been put on citalopram 10mg. Hoping it’s just for a few months whilst I get through this tricky patch. I’m also going to CBT soon as well. 
    • Posted

Sarah like I said I have been on 10mg for a good few years now & have zero side effects. It did work for my anxiety which is mostly brought on by motor way driving & driving over bridges however these anxieties are slowly returning & I am going back to the docs to see if the dosage can be upped to perhaps 20mgs. 

• Posted

Hi hope, How are you doing now?  Has citalopram helped you?
    • Posted

Yes Raj to an extent. But my anxiety I think is a little more deep rooted.
    • Posted

ive only just started on the medication but my anxiety is really bad . not sure if its going to work but i will give it a go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.