Citalopram-Celexa

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Ready to give this up after 2 days. First night was good for 2 hours then the attack started in so I took my prescribed Adivan. I calmed down and went to sleep for 3 hours and awoke and just eye winks after that. I had the usual symptoms of tiredness, nausia & slight dizziness. So the 2nd night at bout 8pm and things were okay and my fast beating pulse slowed to normal and at about 1 hr later may leg muscles tensed up as it was time to hit the hay. So I took Adivan and was settling for sleep and then bam! Anxiety hit and 30 min later it seemed to subsidded. Then an hour later I got worse with like an allergic reaction as my body flushed for about 10 min. So it waved in with my rapid pulse and left but the flushing was not as long. My stomach gets upset even though I take food with it and my appitite is almost not there. I'm messed over like no tomorrow. I have to stop this and just use ativan. On-call doctor hasn't called back being Sunday. I hope their are no with-draws being only 2 days in.

Any advice out there, Thx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey, there will be no withdrawl effects after 2 days. I only managed 4 days then just stopped, was back to normal after 48 hours. Side effects like yours, bloody horrendous! Never again.... Devil drugs!not denying some people have mavelous effects, but not for me. Good luck take care xxx
    • Posted

Thanks Chik07, I'm so with you on that. Did get a call back from the Doc to drop that demon. I'm 20 hours off now and getting some cold chills and feel depression increasing but feeling just a bit better. Tryptophan worked great at first but the heart rate was still up there so Adivan was used. Then I had to drop Trypto. Will still try herbal for calming till I get another appointment. Praying to get regular before that....Blessings to you smile
    • Posted

Hi Vera,

Solgar are really good.  You could try their web site if not there might be a stockist in your area.

I trained in a christian drug rehab in Britian.  I winter in spain and the pastor there also has a lot to do with a christian drug rehab here. I am presently coming down off citalopram due to high hormone fluctuations which are now under control a little better, and he recommended this and it really works - you should be able to get the equivalent there it is called Erba Calm and it really does work.  I got it from the health shop here in spain.

I hope this helps.

God bless.

Mel xx

• Posted

Thanks we will look into it. Now my head feels weird. Like the top of my head has a weight on it. Even when I talk it gets me. Until I get out and about I was thinking of trying melitonin? Good calling working at they rehab centers. Suffering is no fun for any of us. Thank,Melanie xx
    • Posted

...bad spelling on my part; Melatonin. It is a sleep aid. I used it last night which made me sleepy but couldn't knock off since my heart raced from acid reflux. Dreams at first are intense but okay. Melatonin is produced naturaly in your body, this adds to it. It is purchased over the counter here in the States...At least I didn't take an ativan and didn't get a panik attack. Thankful...take careXx
    • Posted

Got it.  Don't think you can get that in England over the counter - but never asked, Spain probably.  Apart from when my hormones come in at night which is  a few nights of the month - I sleep like a baby now on Everol Conti which has really sorted my hormone fluctuations out since entering my perimenopausal years.  Before that no matter what I took wasn't going to sleep.  Best of luck.  Mel Xx

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up