CITALOPRAM CHANGE OF DOSAGE

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on 20mg of Citalopram for 6 weeks for OCD with intrusive thoughts. I have had no major side effects but the thoughts and anxiety have not lessened. The doctor increased dosage today to 30mg and for this to be reviewed in 4 weeks on 4.6.2015.

I rightly or wrongly agreed to this? Is it a good idea?

Has anyone else had the dosage increased fron 20mg to 30mg. Did it cause side effects and did it improve your condition.

Thanks for your input

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am on 40 mg Citalopram and have been for around 5 months, I had intrusive thoughts terribly, but they rarely surface now, a higher dosage is definitely needed, I struggled on 20 mg for a couple of months, these tablets have given me so much more clarity & perspective, I would definitely advise upping and waiting longer 4 months everything seemed to get way better, they take time to build up. Good luck
  • Posted

I am on 40 mg Citalopram and have been for around 5 months, I had intrusive thoughts terribly, but they rarely surface now, a higher dosage is definitely needed, I struggled on 20 mg for a couple of months, these tablets have given me so much more clarity & perspective, I would definitely advise upping and waiting longer 4 months everything seemed to get way better, they take time to build up. Good luck
    • Posted

Mostly worse case scenarios, don't really give them any energy now though, so don't analyse them. They're history.
  • Posted

Hi Mackem, I just found this forum and I am in exactly the same boat as you..intrusive thoughts (everyday) have been on 20mg Citalopram for months, anxiety seems less but still the incessent intrusive thoughts I seem to deal with them, although horrific, but feel sick at the idea of having them forever. I have been told by my Doc to increase by 10mg...did it help you? Please let me know.

• Posted

Hi Mackem, I just found this forum and I am in exactly the same boat as you..intrusive thoughts (everyday) have been on 20mg Citalopram for months, anxiety seems less but still the incessent intrusive thoughts I seem to deal with them, although horrific, but feel sick at the idea of having them forever. I have been told by my Doc to increase by 10mg...did it help you? Please let me know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.