Citalopram day 13!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all! As the title suggests I'm on day 13 of my Citalopram! Last night an hour after taking it I was very ill & that resulted in me throwing up! 

Now I didn't take another dose incase it had already dissolved. I took it this evening and my anxiety is through the roof. My issue however is that I feel like I'm missing breaths or that my breathing is all funny and it's almost like I'm forgetting to breathe. I'm taking a very calm approach to this and not over reacting but does anyone else feel like this? 

The whole day my anxiety has been quite high but even after just a short period on these I feel like I'm becoming more like the person I was before my health started to spiral downwards! Always a silver lining lol 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It will take time for the side effects of CIT to pass. Took me 5 weeks.  One of the more common side effects is increased anxiety. Stick with it, it will pass.  You will probably find you feel better in the evenings than you do in the mornings.

Try to take the tablet in the mornings if you can to avoid insomnia.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi

I have been taking cit for apmost 2 months. The first 2 weeks were nughtmare like u waking up not from nightmare but into nightmare. Then all this anxiety disapeared. And now it has come back again. I wake up very early covered in sweat and fear and unable to wake up from bed. Its been this for few weeks already and its really slowly killing.. not sure what to do

• Posted

How many mg are you on Vicky?  I'm on 20 been on it 6 weeks and I get the occasional anxiety and agitaion like today.  The other day though I felt as normal as could be then questioned it and I think that triggers it.  I see my dr in a few weeks to see how I'm doing if i need and adjustement etc. Feel better soon.

• Posted

Im on 10 mg MISSIEA77. Should i talk to gp i dont know.. after first month I just phoned to my hospital and asked to repeat prescription my gp never asked how do i feel or anything just gave another prescription.
    • Posted

I was on 10mg for the first 8 days then knew I needed it increased to 20mg so been on 20mg now about 5 weeks,, I would talk to your gp as 10mg is a low dose.. Feel better soon. 
  • Posted

I'm on 20mg. 

It's the pains in my left breast that really get to me! I wouldn't care to much as I know my peak flow is ok so my breathing is obviously ok! But no one seems to take me seriously about my painssad 

• Posted

So sorry to hear, same with me been having neck shoulder arm pain for months and its test after test doctors after doctors. If it wasnt for that I think my anxiety wouldnt be as bad ;(   feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.