Citalopram day 17 20mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi on citalopram for depression and anxiety ... day 17 side effects still with me but abating a little ... but still no motivation to do anything but the bare minimum. ... do seem to be less anxious but as for the depression still the same ... feel life is on hold hours feel like days, days feel like weeks ... daughter (16) going away with guides till Thurs night ... please tell me life gets better than this or is this it forever ... marking time and hoping ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time. The side effects should continue to settle down. In terms of the depression the citalopram should start to work soon, you have been on it 17 days so you should expect to see an improvement over the next week or so, and this should continue to improve.

As well as the medication try give your day structure, this can help with the exhaustion, try to eat well and get a bit of exercise, try healthy snacks like fruit!

Things will get better, if you don't feel like the drug is working in another 2 weeks or so go back to your GP, plenty of other drugs to try.

Best wishes,

J

• Posted

I'm on day 4 and feeling like poo sickness and no appetite but this morning I dragged myself out for a run ( haven't run for 3 weeks ) felt sick but so happy I done it ????

• Posted

Hi Not Again,

Life sure does get better and no what you are experiencing is not forever! There!

I think considering everything, time on Cita and the dosage you are doing as well as can be expected, in fact you are doing far better than I was at a couple of months so, that is something to be positive about. Side effects abating, you are motivated (to do the bear minimum, which is motivation! Lol!) and less anxious. Gradually you will get more control, you just have to tell yourself that, believe it and remember it.

There may be blips, that is just part of life in general, even though they do seem bigger BLIPS to us while we're ill.

It is brilliant that you are still posting as it is not only a kind of self therapy, it will help others also who may be possibly in a worse situation than yourself to remind and reassure them that there are pluses to what appears continuous cr*ppy feelings and yukky downers!

Your daughter will go have a great time and be herself, in the meantime you can busy yourself (the best you can) and find your real self and hopefully move forward. Then again you may just want to crawl under that duvet curl up and just chill while doing nothing!

Hey why not check out Glastonbury on TV/! Not forgettiing iplayer we are and it is cool, okay sometimes interesting, wierd or bizarre! However, music has the power to heal and lift the spirit amongst other things. Go ENJOY!

Keep posting now.

Regards,

David

• Posted

Thanks for the support ... maybe I've got zero patience or willpower but atm everything seems so much trouble and fining it increasingly hard to believe things will get better ... just a sort of hopeless feeling atm

• Posted

I know how you feel it's horrible I felt good after my run today and thought yayyyyy I'm getting better then I went right back down again been slobbing on the couch feeling sorry for myself ??

• Posted

I know it's horrible ... I've done nothing all day and feel this is going to be as good as it gets atm ... need to get myself out tommorow doing myself no favours with the negative attitude...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.