Citalopram day 19 20mg depression anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Day 19 20mg for depression anxiety, yesterday anxiety didnt seem as bad its back today ... main problem is I'm anxious mostly about being depressed.. and depression seems no better if anything worse as I'm loosing hope in the meds ... was at doc today shes prescribed propanolol 10mg twice a day ...going to first nhs counciling later though atm not sure they can help me ... feel so low ... eating and motivation still non existant .... help please ... can't go on existing like this

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Please don't give up. You will beat this vile debilitating disease. Stay strong.

Give the 20mg another 2 or 3 weeks (can take around 6 weeks). If after then you still have these feelings I'd say go back to the doctors. For me 40mg is really good, but everyone is different.

Motivation wise I found doing a 5 minute task here and there broke it down. Then you have an achievement for the day.

Stick with it. Your doing brill

• Posted

Hi I started on citalopram 20mg in December 2014 after breaking down in tears at the docs.  Two weeks later I was put on propanalol as I was feeling worse and overwhelmed by panic and anxiety.  I felt exactly as you describe and although you may not think so you are doing really well !!.  

It took about 4 weeks before I noticed a difference and felt no need for the propanolol and about 6-8 weeks to get the dose right,  I'm now on 30mg  things have settled and although I still have the odd bad day I am able to cope and you will get there too I promise.

Don't give up, simple things like going shopping which most people think of as nothing where the huge acheivements that I clung to once I could do that without panicking I knew I was getting there!

• Posted

Thanks Katie , Jenny ... hope of getting better is the only thing that's keeping me going atm ... but with every day I don't feels like I'm never going to get there ... councillor thinks my depression been triggered by burnout ... emotional (relationship breakup ) mental (exams ) and physical ... not eating properly and poor sleep ... also my age 49 menopausal ... feel like I'll never be myself again and patience has never been a virtue of mines ... only thing I'm able to look forwards to is bedtime .... and oblivion

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up