Citalopram Day 5 head not clear and anxious

Posted , 7 users are following.

Days before taking Citalprom I wasn't so much anxious just stressed, eye twitch,neck felt swollen and general unwell. Dr said I should try these and get some counciling.

Since taking 10mg Citalopram

Day 1 I felt abit of head fog

Day 2 I felt distant,spaced out and really anxious at night

Day 3 back to work tightness of neck and feeling spaced out, found it hard to sleep.

Day 4 didn't want to take meds. Woke up feeling anxious got to work tightness in neck, spaced out.

Day 5 woke up anxious about meds, got to work feeling spaced, currently feeling tight in my chest becaus I'm anxious.

Is this all normal? Can you give me some help?

Thanks

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi i Just finished my week 4 and still facing side effects.

All these things are side effects and i was being told that it can take 4 to 8 weeks to see full effects of medication. 

We are in the same boat stay strong. 

• Posted

Thanks Ali,

It's nice to talk with people who are going through the same experience. I must admit it's hard especially when I get the head fog and I'm trying to work. I feel like I'm talking but it's not me. just want to be my old self but with out the stress so I have to keep up with it. Just been on a nice walk which I will try to keep on doing. How is your day?

• Posted

I'm 5 weeks in and still experiencing the head fog. I'm told to give it at least 8 weeks. So that's what I'm doing.
    • Posted

Hi Daisy,

I've been Citalopram for 6 years now , but at the start it was hard to get use to them as I also had the dizziness and nausea, but it will pass. Good luck

Gentle hugs x

• Posted

Hi daisy,

Yeah it's such a weird feeling isn't it! I woke up this morning thinking it had gone but soon came back. Let's hope we are both through this little test in life and come out stronger!

• Posted

Hi Tg

Yes it's normal what your feeling. It's the side effects from the meds which can last a bit.

Mine lasted 3 weeks then I started to feel better some people quicker tho so hopefully you will start to feel normal again soon .

Debi x

• Posted

Hi Tg,  What you are feeling is pretty normal, espesially so early on.  It will take time to get into your system, before your body gets evened out.  It can be frustrating for sure, as you may take two steps forward, then one or even two steps back.  But you have to hang in there.  My only suggestion would be what my doctor, and my friend's doctor told us, and that is to take the meds at night about 30 minutes before bed, and with a little food.  It helps us both to sleep, and when we wake, neither of us have as many of those side effects that most people have during the day...i.e. brain fog, spaced out, anxiety, stomach upset, and so on.  It's just a thought, you might want to give it a try to see if it helps you.  I've been on Cital for 3 years, and will still have an off day now and then, and that is expected, only now I know what to do, and what I am dealing with, and I am then fine.  So, expect some ups and downs, it does get much better, there is light at the end of the tunnel!!  And don't forget we are here for you any time you need assurance, or just need to talk!!  When I first was going through this, I didn't have this site, or know about it back then, and I thought I would never come out of it all!!  When I found this forum, I was so glad I did!  I have learned a lot, and there are so many wonderful people here to help each other through!!  And what's better, there is no judgement, because we all are going, or have been through it, and understand what we are going through!!!  Hang in there kiddo!!  Good Luck!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.