Citalopram experience so far

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi

I have gone up to 20mg and feel very tired and drained did anyone else feel like this? if so how long did it last?

Also has anyone ever done ecstasy in their youth because I perosnally think Citalopram is it but with the best bits taken out, for example the rushes, the feel really good and confident factor and loved up feeling toward everyone that ever lived. Citalopram even tasts the the same a ecstasy it probably has some of the same chemical in it but I am not sure can anyone advise as there are some similarities with both drugs, for example feeling thirsty, tired spaced out, funny dreams, lack of appitete or reversed, or is it more like LSD (Acid) without the hallucinary effects and the not so good come downs as with ecstasy.

Would like some answer so if anyone is out there please read this as someone who just want to know in a sensible context.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

HIya

I've gone up to 20mg, and feel completely exhausted and tierd by 2-3pm. I was on 10mg for 3 weeks and have been on 20mg for 5 days. :shock:

I am hoping the tierdness will diappear!! or i shall think about changing tablets.

• Posted

I was prescribed citlopram on Thursday 26th June for depression. this is my first time on anti depressants. I was started on 20mg and feel ok just can feel sick first thing, very tired, no appetite and not sleeping very well. Not sure how long i am meant to feel like this
  • Posted

Felt the same way - all energy, motivation gone. A bit like a zombie at times. Am very slowly reducing now and feeling so much better. Taking 1/2 one day and 1/4 the next. Still have to battle a bit but energy levels are up and I can start to make gentle plans.
  • Posted

Hi

I am still taking 20mg and feel better, not so tired as when I first started taking 20mg. Saw the doctor for a review and she advised I take Citalopram first thing in the morning, as I was taking them at night. This is better as I don't feel so tired in the afternoon.

Stick with it. x

• Posted

Hi,only been on citalopram for 3 days but totally agree about the ecstacy thing! Done alot of drugs in my youth and feel this is just like taking a pill but like you said without the rushes and loved up feeling! Feel like stretching all the time and can't stop yawning! x
  • Posted

I just started on them about 5 days ago... first time on anti depressants. The side effects are horrible....hope these ware off soon.
  • Posted

If it's any help, I was put on cital when I \"flipped\" last year, increasing to 40mg I think but not sure. But couldn't cope with side effects I got - frequent migraines, but couldn't take sumatripan, and permanent heavy sweating especially head and face. Had 4 months of hell before they switched me to mirtazapine. Only side-effect with m is weight-gain. Maybe cital is ok unless you are menopausal!

good luck

J

• Posted

hi everyone,

im 21,

and having quite a bad time,

been presbribed this and stated today,

am mega nervous about the side effects, especially as im not the healthiest person,

i bet i get alll the side effects,

also decided to go councelling haha,

its all going on,

hope it helps :?

• Posted

Hi Christy and everyone else too numerous to mention. I think the thing to remember is that every AD affects everyone differently, so what side effects 1 person gets, another will not, so you need to just take the ADs and see what comes along as a side effect later when the drug has got into your system fully. IM now on 60mg of Cital and wish it could be more to give me the effect I want which is total blanking out of all thoughts of my ex. I do have side effects, mostly really lifelike vivid dreams which I have to try and work out next day if they are dreams or did it really happen. I get tired all the time, I could eat for the 5,000 and still be hungry. I tried the MIrtaz which some have mentioned and they gave me really scary nightmares and I used to wake up screaming, but the point is keep taking the tabs because they take a while to get working properly.

Sorry for the long winded story...........but after 2 years of taking AD I think I have now earned an opinion....dont u think.

TAKE CARE ALL

LIS

• Posted

thanks love smile

i think we'll all be okay eventually wont we?

we have to be :wink:

xx

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up