Citalopram extreme anxiety? Please help

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I'm on my fifth day. Started with 20mg and then doc lower to 10mg. But the constant anxiety is still there.

Here is the pattern:

Take pill at 8pm. Woke up at 12 feeling anxious. Then on and off from 1 am till morning. And the constant anxiety, fear, worry, is now making my chest tight had painful. I'm worried if I keep on with the med I might have a heart attack.

Then in the evening feel a bit better. But the whole day I'm constantly battling the anxiety feeling. Even scarring my hands from scratching. I feel like my heart is getting tired from feeling anxious all day.

So my question is, should I keep going or maybe it's not for me? Has anyone had these symptoms on the first few days? Do you take something else to calm the anxiety? I think I'm beginning to have suichdal thoughts cuz I'm so tired and sick of this.

Please help!

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've had them very bad. I am on my second week but I have been assured that they get better. You're not alone going through this I am going through the exact same thing.

• Posted

I can't wait for it to get better. Do you have insomnia too? I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack if this tension keep happening every hour. I feel like my whole body is tightening up. Oh and the yawning too is so irritating, I feel like gagging after each yawn.

• Posted

I had insomnia prior to this. That was how my anxiety started to manifest. I am on day 12 and things do not seem so bleak even just waking today. I still do not like the feeling from this medication but I am told it all go away when my body adjusts. This is all temporary we will Get better. We will be stronger after this and have our lives back. When you were in the middle of it it's so hard to see the light but each day that passes is one day closer to feeling well. I'm going to direct message you my email address and if you need any reassurance and comfort I'm here for you. I am going through the same thing if you right now

• Posted

Thank you so much Walter. Sometimes that's all I need, is the reassurance that things will get better. Just reading your message already makes me feel better. Thank you very much.

• Posted

Hi Sahliel yes I was the same for the first week it was awful but it does get better I promise and I would stick with them but if you feel worse in a few weeks maybe talk to your doctor, any questions just ask on here as it's nice we are all here for each other

• Posted

I think I'll be quitting my job as I cannot stand the mornings. So sad because I love this new job and I have a great boss and nice co workers. But I have to take care of myself first. Thank you very much for the reassurance.

• Posted

Hi yes I've had to quit my job but that was due to working full time and I have a 3 year old and a woman at work wasn't nice to me so it started my anxiety so I've handed in my notice as my health and well being come first and yes mornings are difficult for me too then n hour or two later I'm like a different person

• Posted

Are you better now to look for another job? Must be harder to have a baby with having anxiety disorder.

I'm actually going through divorce with a man that never cared or loved me,yet I am scared to let him go. Been married ten years. Ugh! Just thinking about that right now is giving me anxiety attack.

Can't wait for the med to kick in so I can finally forget about him.

• Posted

Hi I am actively looking but just for part time work but don't quite feel ready at this minute with korningsveen a bit difficult but after Xmas I want to start working again as I like to be occupied and sorry to hear about your divorce and it will get better in time and you deserve someone who does love and care about you

• Posted

I hope you find something and at the right time for you. It's good you're just taking your time and not stressing yourself to find one right away. I'm planning to go back to school if I get out of this anxiety mess. At least something good to look forward to.

Yes I need to forget about him. It's just that ever since I started the med I've been dreaming about him and all the places we've visited. Certainly is making my anxiety worse. Ugh! Ugh!

• Posted

Sorry my message meant to say mornings!! Lol

Aww yes it makes your dreams more vivid etc aswell and justgive yourself time to heal you will get there we all will x

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up