Citalopram for a few months - no sleep is enough?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, I've been on citalopram 10 mg since early feb, and honestly its worked well, symptoms for anxiety and ocd have died down however is it conmon to basically never feel refreshed regardless of how well you sleep? like id still get freqeunt migraines and feel very tired etc

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elijah ,the headaches that you are getting and tiredness is properly down to the side effects ,most people who take this medication will get rid of the side effects within 10/12 weeks ,however some people will keep side effects for longer as know 2 people are the same

• Posted

i been taking mine almost three years and i still get headaches and muscle soreness.not everyday .but i ignore them .because the benefits outweight the side effects for me.

• Posted

just a footnote ,when are you taking your medication

• Posted

Hi Marsh, okay as long as its not just me and I take them just before I go to bed

• Posted

hi i take mine in the morning and i do sleep . been on them since march

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.