Citalopram for panic disorder

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi does anyone take citalopram for panic disorder and if so did it work for you.. How long did it take to feel better..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm taking it for panic and anxiety. I'm on 30mg. Started on 20mg for 5 weeks changed to 30mg 2 days ago. It's getting better but I know it's still reasonable early days. My anxiety and panic got worse around the 2 to 3 week mark which is normal apparently. How long have you been taking it and what dose are you on x

• Posted

Hi I've been on it 26 days and take 20mg.. I'm always on edge waiting for the next panic attack.. Feels never ending. I don't take any other meds as I don't want to be reliant on them.. I've stopped going out of the house since starting cit.. In fact everything scares me.. Noise, people. Feel like I'm going mad sometimes.. Heart pounding all the time.. Its took over my life. Can't see an end to not feeling like this..

• Posted

I understand exactly how you feel. I had to have diazepam to help me through the rough times. It seems never ending. Always lurking like a devil on your shoulder. I don't go out much but have been able to go to work some days and pop into town. I try really hard to live hour by hour rather than think I'm feeling bad I will always feel bad. Have you asked your dr about counselling??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.