citalopram help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just taken first citalopram and an hour later started to feel like I was high and have user belly can't get off toilet is it normal

How long with high feeling last

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yeah the first time I went on Citalopram I felt like the ground was swallowing me up and I had a bit of a dodgy stomach. But after a few days it went away and I felt ok. 

If it continues speak to your doctor, but it can take some time for your system to adjust. Also, just to warn you you can find yourself feeling worse (more depressed) before you feel better/ This is normal and just try to ride it out. (I'm only saying this so you don't panic if this does happen to you). 

It can also take a few weeks to kick in (any anti-depressants, not just Citalopram), so don't panic if you don't feel any better within 1 week of taking them. 

Remember that anti-depressants are trying to balance out the chemicals in your brain (at least this is what I was told). Hence why you can feel worse before feeling better. But it is worth sticking with it. 

Your dr should also closely monitor you to make sure that they are working correctly and that you are taking the correct dose. Don't ever just increase your dose without speaking to your dr first. 

Good luck! biggrin

• Posted

Thank you for your reply I appreciate your advice calmed down a bit it's starting to go away now don't feel in a trance anymore just gave me a scare
    • Posted

I'll bet it did! I wondered what on earth was happening to me when I experienced it.
    • Posted

Yeah it wasn't nice iv went round to my mums to stay the night (28 ur old man) lol
  • Posted

More than 1 in 100 people taking Citalopram Hydrobromide suffer with certain side effects including (but not least) diarrhoea and feeling dizzy.

It might be a good idea to report your problems back to your GP as soon as possible just incase they are considered unsuitable for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.