citalopram increase

Posted , 4 users are following.

On my second week of increase of 40 citalopram and still have the worst upset stomach. Being taking Buscapan but still suffering.

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi louise sorry took long time txting back.my upset stomach lasted about four week,am doin ok now just carnt get rid of my heavy eyes feeling,just hope it normal,hope you feel better soon,x
    • Posted

Thanks Denise, am on my second week and feel really ill with upset stomach etc. Am going to see my doctor today as am struggling at work on this. Have tried everything to help but nothing helps. Gonna see what shrink says.
    • Posted

Hi Denise, did your stomach kinda burn and gurgle with pain? Tried Buscapan, Gaviscon, aloe Vera juice, ginger and Zantac! To no avail, really awful.
  • Posted

hi louise,yes i had buning feeling all the time,it will go away soon am shore,you think its never gunna go away but it will,it all take time,x 
    • Posted

anytime louise,i know how your feeling,am stiil like it now,even though its been 12 weeks for me,you take care,you will get there,xx
    • Posted

Yeah, it is heavy going. Called my Cpn earlier and she asked if I had caught a bug! Really! Thanks all much for your helpsmile
    • Posted

Just saw my shrink who was no help. He said could it be anxiety, am Not anxious just feel so sick with the worst stomach upset and headaches, grr. Glad I spoke to you x
    • Posted

Louise sometimes you know better yourself most of there people have not taken the meds themselves so they are quite ignorant about it all, it most definitely is the meds. Hang in there and things will ease up.
    • Posted

Thanks Jenny, will do. This forum is really good and has helped me a lot, doc's don't always understand. Is hard going to work feeling like this, but I know there are others going through it too. I thought it was my ibs, but the medicine for that was doing nothing.
    • Posted

It's very hard and this forum has been a major support to me too, you are not even 3 weeks after increasing, I am on week 4 Sunday of increasing and I still have pressure headache and increased anxiety at times but overall I am in good form and the feelings of no motivation I got when I first increased are gone, in saying that I was always in good form throughout the day and happy it was the night time anxiety that really got me down.

It's just very hard and it is a winding road, I'm inpatient with it I want the anxiety to just disappear, but it took me a long time to get to this point and it will take time to feel completely ok again.

Had u been on the 20mg long?

• Posted

Started off on 20, then a week later 30 and then two weeks later 40. Am so thirsty as well, have drunk loads of water, I also find AM boiling at night. What a road this is.
    • Posted

Wow Louise!!! That is unreal I really dunno how you are doing it, your doing great! I remember starting on 10mg and it took me at least 8 weeks to feel okay, you will get the positive effects it just takes a while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.