Citalopram increase feeling bad

Posted , 6 users are following.

IT's been 2 weeks since I went from 10mg to 20mg and I FEEL WORSE. I need some encouragement. I am anxious and depressed and tired. I started shaking. I thinks it's more of trying to soothe myself. I can control it but I keep doing it. This shaking is what I do if I get a stomach ache or something so its not new to me. I can barely eat.

I try not to take xanex because I am worried I"ll rely on it to much.

No one understands. I just need someone to tell me I"ll be ok. WILL I ever get better and be normal? It's gradually getting worse I think. I Thought it should be getting better after 2 weeks. Someone please respond.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

take your xanex if you dont want to suffer is that simple.

• Posted

thank you. I just took the lorazapam. Just constantly need reassurance.

• Posted

feeling better Lois, I think I can eat dinner now.

• Posted

Hey,

Trust me when you are not alone. I as well as many others on here have been where you are now and came out the other side. I was placed on 20mg straight away and the first few weeks were like hell on earth. Shaking, dizzy, nausea, racing thoughts, tired, detachment, massive weight loss as i couldn't eat for a while. You name it I had it all. I posted on here a lot and was supported by many kind people who experienced it all and reassured me on my dark days. I'm still in recovery but I am far from where I was to begin with. It's a roller coaster of a ride but you will get there!!

My advice, use your xanex when you need it. Especially these early days. Your DR will have prescribed a low dose I would imagine so don't worry about relying on it just allow it to help you through the tough patches. I still use diazepam if I need it & I'm almost 3 months in. Look to friends and family for support and reassurance as you will need it. Try mindfulness, it works for me and audio books, walks, arts and crafts....anything you can use as a tool to distract yourself from over thinking the worst is going to happen because it truly won't. A very kind lady on here, Kay also taught me to read up about anxiety to help understand what it is and how to deal with it. It helps!! Also try not to get to hung up on other people's experiences as it may hinder your recovery. I did and I truly believe it's what caused me to go into a downward spiral a few weeks ago. Trust your own instincts.

• Posted

I'm using lorazapam, but my doc put me on it full time. now I have to take it. had to go down on my celexa just to handle it. 3 mos in and just now starting to feel a little better. Afraid to go down on lorazapam until I'm adjusted to celexa, but the Lorazapam makes me a bit drowsy. will it eventually even out?

• Posted

thanks for replying. This forum helps me feel like I'm not alone and not going crazy. Although I wonder why we all need medication? I do read up on the physiology of what our bodies are doing and/or not doing. So many people are suffering. I wish i wasn't one of them. Alot of people are in medication for years. It's hard enough dealing with everyday life. I just want to go to sleep and wake up normal. I was doing ok than one day in JULY woke up and it all came back.

• Posted

Same here, back I'll again since April, I am menopausal though, on Citalopram day 5,

• Posted

Hello Cara, I have been on 20mg for awhile now. It does take time, I went through the same reactions. It does get better. I havent had a panic attack for awhile. I still feel some jitters no and then, but it fades and I move on. I know it feels like nothing is working, but in reality you are getting better. Please feel free to message me, if you need someone to talk to. I have been there, and I'm finally on my way to full recovery. I had extreme anxiety and frequent panic attacks. Dont let it win over you, it will try to keep you down. Never give up!

• Posted

thank you. I Just feel like such a failure. And because I can't get anything done I get overwhelmed.... and then more anxious and depressed. It's like a never ending trap.

• Posted

It will stop soon, the hardest part for me is understanding why it happened to me. I spent 2 years of my life battling mental illness. Lost my job, my cars, and worst of all my confidence. Its hard to understand why and how it happened. However, I must push forward and try to maintain my anxiety. It really sucks, having to start all over. I wish you well, just look forward to the days ahead when you start feeling better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.