Citalopram light at the end of the tunnel

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just a recap i have been on 30 mg for 14 weeks and suffered really bad anxiety.The doctor has advised me to alternate between 20mg to 30mg each day

Just to let you know i have been in bed for most of this time feeling rotten and taking diazepam which i now take very rarely.I woke up this morning feeling slightly more positive and today has been a great day.I understand that i may have blips in the coming days and weeks but im so happy because this is the first good day in months.I just like to say thanks to all who supported me on here and hope this is the start of my recovery.To all the people who are suffering on here stick with it you will get there and i wish u all a speedy recovery thank you jeff

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Wow be careful with that alternating prescribed process....glad your doing better ..
  • Posted

I really hope there’ll be a light at the end for me too. I’ve been on 20mg for 6 weeks and I felt I was making a slow progress but this week I’ve gone back a bit and I’m waking at 3 am with panic attacks again, they’re making me sick too. I don’t know if I should see the doctor about upping the dose to 30mg or if I should just stick it out. I’m terrified and just don’t know where to turn. I’m glad your feeling there’s some improvement though.

• Posted

Why has your Doctor advised you to alternate your dose? It doesn't make sense to me

• Posted

Because we are not sure whether its working so i am slowly tapering off citalopram
    • Posted

But alternating dosages it's just going to make you more sketchy...be careful..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.