citalopram panic disorder?

Posted , 30 users are following.

Hi everyone, before I start my treatment with Citalopram , I wanted to ask and hear some opinions from people which got any benefit from it, for panic attacks, anxiety . I wasnt keen on medication and hoped I will be able to cope without them.

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Everyone, my first time using a forum like this so I hope you can help/offer some assurances. I'm on day 4 of 20mg citalopram, first day was awful with day 2/3 manageable but today I'm really suffering with waves of anxiety, feeling spaced out and a warm fuzzy head. I've always been an anxious person and suffered from panick attacks but since being put at risk of redundancy mid August, this appears to have been the catalyst which has really heightened the anxiety. I dread getting on the train each day, as its usually very warm and packed, suffer more after a night out but mainly I worry about having another attack which sets me off with the anxiety. I've done plenty of reading and know it gets better but I just needed to reach out to people in a similar position.

Thanks

Dave

• Posted

Hi David. I just started Citalopram 20mg 5 days ago. I did ok the first 3 days but the 4th day was horrible. I had a very terrible panic attack that lasted about an hour. After reading some posts here how Cit can cause anxiety the first couple weeks and how mist have started out in lower doses then increased the dosage after a week, I broke my pill in half. I hope it will leasen the anxiety until I get used to the medication. You are not alone in this. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.