Citalopram . Please say there is light at the end of this black hole

Posted , 11 users are following.

im 2 weeks and 1 day into 20mgs of citalopram. been awful the worst 2 weeks of my life . i felt ok a couple of days but the last 2 days have been so low and emotional . anyone put there offering any advice or can be my citalopram buddy till recovery starts happening .

xx

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi nicola, that is normal for citalopram they take atleast 4-6 weeks to get in to your system for full affect. if by then your still not feeling any better i would recommend going back to your GP. you might get suicidal thoughts but thats pretty normal if you get them often though ring you GP. Is it depression or anxiety you suffer may i ask ?

• Posted

hello thanks for the reply . i initially suffered juat with depression but over time has turned into both . im such a worrier that it has turned into anxiety . im week 3 sunday so hoping it gets a little easier . my doc has put me back on valium amd that is helping loads i can have a laugh play with me kids amd even go to work and speak to people . im hoping this is a sign the cit is working too. the morning anxiety is now my main worry and the fear of havin a panic attack

• Posted

yes its working. keep taking the valium when needed. My doc has me on xanax low dose .25 and i cut pill in half. It's definetely harder the 2nd time around. Cut out caffeine drink water and walk. It

helps alot.

Will

• Posted

hi will

how long have u been back on cit for . ?? and omg!!!! what a journey we all have to go thro for our pwn mental health . if i was a wealthly person i would definately be a pioneer for some sort of help or reasearch into better treatments as i never realised the extent of pain and suffering people go thro

• Posted

i started feb 24. Feb 27 - March 5 i did not sleep at all i felt like a drug addict. The shaking and sweats and insomnia was crazy. My dr had me cut the 10mg pill in half for 6 days. He wanted me then to wean off. Thats when I found this forum and the people Helped me greatly. It was a bad roller coaster ride up to mid April. I never read the warnings that came with the pills. A friend of mine is a nurse and told me not to. Well after 3 months I did. I had more side effects than were on the warnings. It's crazy. Honestly if i had to do it again i would. That is how horrible i was before I started the med. I feel great now.

I just was on vacation for 2 weeks and i started back at the gym with free weights and nautilus and aerobics. I was not able to do any if that for over 5 years. You can always PM me if you have side effects that you do not want to write publicly. I too was praying i won the mega last night. I would be an advocate for mental health awareness. Please stay with it and keep me posted you will get through this. If the valium gets you lazy talk with your DR. Xanax worked great with me as it did with others on this forum. Xanax doesnt have the after life like valium. Also start a daily journal. It helps to look back and compare how you are doing. Also go and walk.

Will

• Posted

yes will you are so right about the xanex compare to the Valium.

• Posted

hi Nicola, sorry to hear your feeling so crap!!!

but this two weeks is the hardest, it will get easier as the weeks go on! i was the same as you! had every side effect going and just felt like i was in a nightmare! but im 6 months in now and so much better! my appetite has come back with a vengence though!!! take it easy and look after yourself you will soon see light at end of tunnel 😃 ps look at my post back in march. im on the mend and u will be too, just have to ride it out for now

• Posted

thank u for the encouragement . im so amazed at what a secret hell so many people are going thro . i never knew forums or even medication cud donthis to people amd now im in it my eyes are wide open . im feeling ok today as the valium have helped me maintain my life over the past 2 days . and 3 weeks sunday sonhopefully half way there to feeli

g i can cope better xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.