Citalopram second time around

Posted , 9 users are following.

Well this is my second time taking it first time the pills where miracle sent I got off them and had some problems right back on them but now it’s hard to even leave the house on my second week u have good days and bad started on 20mg was way to harsh went down to 10 mg and went up to 20mg and it’s a roller coaster I’ve read a lot on here how ppl take their time to get better it sucks cause I really don’t have all that time going through this and my wife’s grandmother died so I gotta bet strong for both of us she’s working cause I had to stop working cause I couldn’t with the panic attacks but I try to go out everyday little by little cause it’s hard hope everyone is doing good

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It does suck im afraid but you have to be patient and try not to get yourself worked up x We all have things that is going on in our lives and needs us to be strong but it cant always be that way and we need help x My anxiety came out of the blue 4 years after my husband of 48 died of a massive heart attack x At the time both our daughters were pregnant with our first grandchildren only 3 weeks and 9 weeks to go so i had to stay strong for them x Then when my grandson was 3 he ended up in hospital for 5 weeks and nearly died again i had to be strong for my daughter x So as you csn imagine i hit rock bottomx I font normally talk about my life as like i said we all have things in our lives we have to deal with x I am doing great now with councelling and cit and yes it does take time and im afraid you havent a choice i n that matter so srick with it and make time c
    • Posted

Michelle, 

I read your powerful post and wow!! You’ve been an inspiration to me and helped me more than you know. Thank you and wow what you’ve been through. 

Your daughters and grandchildren are so lucky to have you in their lives. But we need you also so don’t forget that and I know you won’t cause that’s the kind person you are!

Will😎👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

• Posted

Very  inspiring  Michelle thank u I know it takes time it’s just those first weeks are hell lol but we all will get through it hopefully u are doing better in life your self
    • Posted

Thank you Will such kind words x I am happy now i have since remarried 11 months ago it is strange where life takes us x Its what we go through that makes us stronger
    • Posted

I am doing really well didnt think i would ever get there but u do x im living proof of that stick at it and u will be better soon x
    • Posted

Iam also living proof... congratulations on your marriage and your recovery..your story is so touching...
    • Posted

Thank you lois i dont talk about it much x there is always someone worse off and life can be difficult but thats what makes us stronger x
  • Posted

Mario,

How are you doing, I hope you were able to enjoy some of your weekend. I also am on my second time on citalopram. I am on roughly my 8th week of 20 mg and it seems to be taking much longer to adjust this time around. I know I am seeing improvement though, at first I couldn't work either but now am able to. I am not always comfortable while I am here and my mind is telling me run away but I have been working on some CBT and with a therapist to learn accept these feelings and stop trying to fight them and go on about my normal activities with these feelings with me.

• Posted

I’m doing better by the day thanks for asking Matthew and yea this is my second time and it is taking longer to work that’s crazy but it is working it’s still hard for me to go to work but I haven’t been on it for a month yet it’s just a process I guess like everyone else just gotta stick with hope it gets better for u
    • Posted

Keep going.  U will get there 

Second time around took me much longer too   

8 weeks as opposed to 2

Keep going...

• Posted

Hello,

It is my second time on Cit as well. I had no side effects last time but this time I had every side effect under the sun! Nausea, vomiting, headaches, excessive sweating, shaking, absolutely NO appetite (still happening, have to force feed myself), heightened anxiety, weird vision disturbances, spacey, extreme dry mouth, constant hunger pangs but couldn't eat, you name it I had it. I am on day 37 and am still feeling "off". On Saturday, Sunday, and Monday I had great days. I still have anxiety every morning, but around 2pm it usually settles down and I feel completely normal. I hate going to bed knowing i'll feel anxiety again.

Whenever I am anxious I throw up. It's my way of dealing with anxiety, always has been! I don't have a fight or flight response, I have a puking response! Haha. The last two days have been miserable. I experienced my first "unrealty" experience (I think) and it was TERRIFYING. It keeps replaying in my mind. I felt so disconnected from myself. All of my actions were forced. I threw up yesterday and today. I keep tasting like a metallic taste when I burp and it freaks me out. But I have GERD and a hiatal hernia so I'm almost positive it has something to do with that. I took Zantac 150mg last night too. I think with this heightened anxiety it just makes me puke, it's not the medicine. I'm not sure though. I'm only on 10mg. 

Anyway, I hope you guys are doing well! I can't believe I've stuck to it for this long, I'm so eager to see the end results. Good luck!

• Posted

It is the medicine ..I had the same methalic taste in my mouth also..and the med does make your heart burn worst...and iam on ten...
    • Posted

Yea this time around the side affects are crazy but getting better mostly is the sleep for me wake up everyday at 8 am no matter what lol it’s weird but this too shall pass hopefully u get through it and stick with it 
    • Posted

Maria,

I'm with you on the side effects being much worse the 2nd time around. I remember feeling cruddy for the first 2 weeks the first time but this time has taken much longer. I'm on my eight week of 20mg and just now have quit puking every morning!! I still have morning anxiety but like you it wears off by afternoon most days, but at least I've quit puking!! I noticed my appetite coming back also, I had lost over 30 lbs the first 7 weeks, but this past week I have been eating pretty well again. Keep sticking it out and you will get to that place you want to be.

• Posted

Yes mine were worse 2nd time 

I totally agree with the worse in the mornings comment but for some reason that has now stopped too....

I think there’s a degree of self mgt with thoughts / meditation/ being grateful / being aware of a problem

etc

But I felt dreadful first thing 

Am fine now. Most odd 

• Posted

First time was 6 months 2013 and a year of withdrawal

Big mistake...

Second time since jan 17

• Posted

Wow from everything I been reading I would never put myself thru that..no ma'am..

• Posted

Hey Matthew I’m glad your coming around. 🙏🏻🙏🏻 I didn’t realize this is your 2nd time around or I just forgot. After reading yours and Maria’s I’m not coming off this med. it’s interesting the dry mouth which I’ve had from day 1. I have congestion and I try to get it out and then my mouth is more dry and the metallic taste. I use biotene mouthwash and spray and it helps briefly I also use halls vita c drops sugar free. Hang in there you both. 

Will 😎

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.