Citalopram second time around

Posted , 9 users are following.

Well this is my second time taking it first time the pills where miracle sent I got off them and had some problems right back on them but now it’s hard to even leave the house on my second week u have good days and bad started on 20mg was way to harsh went down to 10 mg and went up to 20mg and it’s a roller coaster I’ve read a lot on here how ppl take their time to get better it sucks cause I really don’t have all that time going through this and my wife’s grandmother died so I gotta bet strong for both of us she’s working cause I had to stop working cause I couldn’t with the panic attacks but I try to go out everyday little by little cause it’s hard hope everyone is doing good

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just wanted to let you guys know... 

I'm on day 40 of 10mg Citalopram and today was the GREATEST day!!! I felt 100% myself. I went out with friends, ate real food, laughed, cracked jokes, I can't stop replaying my day in my head! I've been waiting for this for so long! Keep your head up if it's the beginning for you, it DOES get better!!! The benefits definitely outweigh the side effects smile

Cheers!

• Posted

I know how you feel.  I was stable on 20mg for 5 years and recently had to increase to 30mg.  I feel when I first went on the medication I felt better and better each week and recovery came pretty quickly.

I am on day 80 since the increase and I still have many ups and downs with unfortunately more downs.  Sometimes I'll have days were I feel better, but other days will feel like I'm back at the beginning.  

People have assured me this is normal and can take much longer sometimes for different people - although on bad days it can be hard to believe this.  Hopefully you will feel some relief soon with recovery not far behind.

• Posted

Yes it should get better but you should also build in self help management .. be continuous with that every day ...and start a grateful list.  Add to it at the end of the day

You can then reflect back

• Posted

I’ve recently been going to therapy so I’m hoping that will really help long term.  Only been to 2 appointments so far though, so I’m hoping with more visits it’ll get better.

That’s an interesting idea, thank you.  I sort of do something similar in that I pray every night (not super religious, but was raised with religion).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.